Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Different music in different rooms

with the new upgrade, i can not figure out how to play different music in different rooms with Spotify. What is the step by step procedure. Novice techy. 
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Re: Different music in different rooms

I am having a similar issue with a twist. I can not chose the speakers in different rooms at all unless I add them to the group. This is a step backwards
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

I just bought (Jan 2017) my Bose Soundtouch speakers because I wanted to be able to play the same - or different - music in several rooms at the same time. I set up the speakers easily and can get them to play the same music; however, I can't see how to play different music on different speakers. The Bose website shows an app that allows you to call them different systems and do that, yet the only app I can download is not the same app. What happened? Do I need to return all this equipment? ~ Thanks to anyone for help

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I am also trying to figure this out - its not clear in the app! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

FYI, quite by accident, I found that if I use either the remote or buttons on the SoundTouch 10, I can listen to music on it from any of the 6 presets and it doesn't play on the "host" (mine is the Bose 130 soundbar and subwoofer). I can play a different music source on the host using my iPhone.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Thank you yes, I can play my TV through the soundbar, and then play a song to my bedroom and den (2 different speakers), but it is the same song. How do I play 1 song in my bedroom (1 speaker), and a different song in my den (2nd speaker)? That is not clear.

Also, I see no way to "play all" the sound from my tv that is playing through the soundbar to all or some of my other soundtouch speakers. The "play all" button is greyed out when the TV sound is playing through the soundbar. Is it not possible to play the TV sound to all or some of my other Soundtouch speakers?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

When multiple Soundtouch devices are activated in the app, go to the volume control screen in the app.

At the top of the picture of the active Soundtouch you will see 2 or more dots.

This means that you can swipe to the other device.

Swipe to the left, and your other Soundtoch device will show up and will be the active device.

Then you can select the channel for this device.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Thank you JeKe: that's how you do it; but it would have been much better in the product information!