patsyc47
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

Different operating systems

I have the Bose speakers set up as a stereo system on my Mac, playing both radio and my own music.  Perfect.  However, having downloaded the software to my Windows7 laptop, I can't get it to play from there.  The reason I need two systems is that my partner has all his music saved in the WMA format so it's easier to play from my laptop than to convert all his music.  Is there a way around this or am I doing something wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Different operating systems

Hi patsyc47, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having these issues. This should be able to work from both computers. Which systems do you have? Where specifically do you get stuck with the Windows 7 computer? Do you get a specific error code or message? Are you able to download the app, log in to your account and see your Bose systems? If you're getting stuck at the point of adding or accessing your music library, the first thing I would recommend to check is the Firewall on the PC and to ensure proper exceptions are added to the Firewall. We also have an article HERE that might be able to help. 

Thank you 

patsyc47
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

Re: Different operating systems

@Brent_B wrote:

Hi patsyc47, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having these issues. This should be able to work from both computers. Which systems do you have? Where specifically do you get stuck with the Windows 7 computer? Do you get a specific error code or message? Are you able to download the app, log in to your account and see your Bose systems? If you're getting stuck at the point of adding or accessing your music library, the first thing I would recommend to check is the Firewall on the PC and to ensure proper exceptions are added to the Firewall. We also have an article HERE that might be able to help. 

Thank you 

Hi Brent

I'm sorry Ihaven't been in touch about this.  I have now tried again and still doesn't work.

I have Win7 connected to my wifi.  My speakers are already connected to my wifi and bluetooth via my Mac and all works perfectly.

The app is downloaded on my laptop (Win7), it is not blocked by the firewall.  The speaker at the moment is connected via USB but the laptop "cannot communicate with the speakers".

I'm reluctant to mess around too much as I have just added another speaker so I have stereo and that took quite a while to set up.  I wouldn't usually be bothered but my friend is all Windows and his music is wma!

Patsy