Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 12, 2016

Disable Auto-off on Soundtouch 20?

Hello!
Is there a way to disable the auto-off (or standby) feature on the Soundtouch 20 (1st gen) while plugged in?
I have a new Echo Dot and have it attached via AUX to the Soundtouch 20 but after a few minutes of inactivty, the Soundtouch goes into standby mode, effectively making the Echo Dot useless unless I physically power the Soundtouch back on. 
I'd like to have the SoundTouch stay powered on and in AUX mode 24/7.
Thanks in advance for any info!
92 REPLIES 92
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Disable Auto-off on Soundtouch 20?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2016

So you are telling me I need to take it back to where I bought it.  I specifically purchased this to work with the Amazon Alexa DOT which has no speaker. I thought this would be the perfect speaker.  I was wrong.
I seriously don't understand why Bose did not include a way to disable auto shut off.  I am sure I am not the only one upset about this.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

To clarify - The ability to disable the auto shutoff function for better integration with Alexa type devices is currently being looked into by our engineering team for a future update.  
We'll share more information about the progress of this as we know more. 
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 12, 2016

I misspoke regarding my SoundTouch model, I have the SoundTouch Portable.  I trust that any future updates disabling auto-off will apply to the Portable as well.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2016

I have the same issue but with the Bose Solo 5 speaker connect to the Amazon Echo via bluetooth.  Are they working on disabling the auto shutoff for all Bose speakers, or just the SoundTouch line?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi jhagler, 
As of right now, I am only aware of this being investigated for SoundTouch products. That being said, I will forward your request on to the appropriate team here. 
Thank you 
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2016

Hi Brent,
With the Echo Dot deliveries beginning on the 20th of this month, are you able to provide an update? Is there now a way to disable the auto-off function?
Thank you 
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2016

Please provide an update, same problem with the ST10 and Echo Dot.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

I'm on the same boat... Kept checking today to see if any update or news was posted. I have my dot but need to get rid of the auto standby. If no update will definitely return, my 30 day exchange expires 11/10 so please provide an update. Bc would hate to return. Or at least give us a status on progress or a potential update date.