Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 21, 2016

Re: Disable Auto-off on Soundtouch 20?

Help might be at hand - even if Tech Support seemingly knew nothing of it...?
https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView#!/feedtype=SINGLE_ARTICLE_DETAIL&dc=SoundTouch&criteria=BESTANSWERS&id=kA0400000004OGsCAM
there is mention of improved interoperability with Amazon Dot with software v14.x - when paired via Bluetooth.
Though I have the latest App version, I'm pretty sure my 10's are still running 13.0.9 though, so might have to manually update them?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

1-star review submitted. Quit ignoring and patronizing your customers Bose. Either fix this Auto shutoff problem with Aux or explain why it technically can't be done.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2016

A longtime SoundTouch 20 user now facing exactly this issue- can't maintain power when using AUX with Echo Dot. It looks like you have many requests to fix this; I am adding my voice. Bose, please do it. Other Alexa support may be interesting and welcome, but as mentioned above, connecting Dot and Soundtouch via Bluetooth is not the best solution.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 27, 2016

Add yet another.  It's a pain to have to turn on the Soundtouch.  I have a 'regular' Echo but the sound quality is just 'okay.'  I have an Echo Dot connected to my Soundtouch 20 and it would be PERFECT if Bose would offer this fix.  It is a fix - this is a problem that needs a fix.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 28, 2016

I have been so dissapointed with the speaker, from a functionality perspective that I'm not sure I'll ever buy a new bose speaker again. When I got an echo dot I was extremely happy that I may now finally be able to put this speaker to work. Finding out there's no way to truly use an aux cable with the solution is truly dissapointing. There's simply no excuse for having a product with this limited of functionality. 
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

Chiming in here: just bought an Echo Dot and found out the incredibly useful function to disable auto-off IS UNAVAILABLE on my Soundlink Mini 1. This must be so incredibly easy to fix through software. 
Having to go to the speaker and turn it on manually is sort of defeating the purpose of having voice control at all.

If you think that this makes for a nice upgrade path to the Soundlink 2, then think again. I will just go out and find a different speaker to swap to if i cant enable the never-power-off.
Bose, please accelerate your time-line for SW updates for both the SoundTouch and the SoundLink Mini.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2016

Please just let us disable the auto-off feature. That is so simple. You guys suck.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2016

Please just let us disable the auto-off feature. That is so simple. You guys suck.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2017

This hack works for me on both Soundtouch10 and Soundtouch30

Slight variation is I didn't need to go into Setup mode, just telnet to the IP address on port 17000 when the device is switched on. And then put the command in:

telnet 192.168.0.16 17000
Trying 192.168.0.16...
Connected to milestone10.
Escape character is '^]'.
->sys timeout inactivity disable
Inactivity timer is disabled
->OK
->exit

I'm sure the good folks at Bose will provide a fix soon, in the meantime this should make Alexa even better.