Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 26, 2017

Re: Disable Auto-off on Soundtouch 20?

The fact there is a command line option to manage this, just goes to show the only thing stopping this is an app / UI change in the speaker settings.

Are you guys totally insane!!!? Its not just Alexia/ Echo units ....the behaviour of going to sleep after an arbitrary time of inactivity and also after about 8 hours of streaming is just total insanity. I cant think of any other device that does that by default!? Ever heard of a sleep timer...thats what people want also.

There are many countries with consumer laws that would consider such behaviour as false advertising and or a fault not fit for purpose...if someone got annoyed enough to get organised you could have a class action situation. All because you don't want to add a UI to set the default timeout periods!?

Have you ever seen a TV that behaves like this?

I'm guessing about 4-8 hours of UI development time...that could be included in one of the many releases that have been pushed out to minimise the week or two of testing and builds for multiple platform support.

You have an opportunity to do a small amount of work and avoid a lot of pissed off loyal customers who pay your salaries...or continue to ignore them and never know how many unit sales you have lost as a result.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

So this is now more than 6 months ago. Have you finally managed to turn this off. Either I'll sell my SoundTouch 20 or I'll have to sell my Echo. None of the options are desirable...This should really have been solved already
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Exactly. I have the gen 1 and there is NO Bluetooth functionality as far as I know at least. So no, you are not even close to solving this problem.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 23, 2017

I have a soundtouch 10 and I bought it just for a Bluetooth option for my iPad or iPhone to use as an alarm clock but low and behold a plug in only speaker has a Auto shut off. Can you please add an option to turn this feature off so I can use as an alarm clock speaker
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Bose, what is going on???? No clear answer or solution for more than a year now!!!! 1 year where you have been selling your speakers with the ECHO. Can it really be true that the users of your speakers have to hack your software to use the speaker with an Aux cable with Echo??? I saw somewhere that you can do that.

Why are you working on a bluetooth functionality when people are clearly asking just to be able to disable the stand-by mode. That is the only problem!! You are not listening to your customers here. You are developing something that the customers are not asking for. This is 101 of all progress. Do what your customers need not what you think they need. Customers have spoken. We need to remove the standby function with the aux cable!

Are you scared that the speakers will burn out of they are on all the time or what is going on?? I think this is a scandel as you have bee selling the speakers with the ECHOand it doesn't work like intended, controlling it with your voice and not remote, phone or anything else....

They only thing you have done is stolen my time checking if there actually is a solution to this continously. 

I will NEVER buy a Bose product again, based on this experience and I will suggest others to buy Sonos instead. This is just not good enough.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Brent_T

When are you going to pass this over to your product team, what is the feedback. You lack of action and a solution is just making things workse. It is not the first time this has been requested!!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

And as usual, we are wasting our time writing in the Bose community blog, as Bose just do... NOTHING, but annoying comments that acknowledge the problem once in a while. Give us a solution. Not in 1 year not in 2 year, not in the summer... not for bluetooth... but for AUX....!!!!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Forget about it. This has been a problem for morethan 1 year now. They are not solving it.

@Twentyways wrote:
I have a soundtouch 10 and I bought it just for a Bluetooth option for my iPad or iPhone to use as an alarm clock but low and behold a plug in only speaker has a Auto shut off. Can you please add an option to turn this feature off so I can use as an alarm clock speaker

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Thanks. Review posted.
@MikeBose20 wrote:
Hi Bose,
Its one thing to admit a mistake (which is what happened) and apologize it can't be fixed.  This poorly implemented feature of auto-off without disable is not normal and makes the item not fit for the marketed purpose.  
Its another thing to spin a story that the fix would be a 'great feature request'.  That is just insulting to your customers and I presume some legalistic tactic to cover over the unit not being fit for marketed purpose.
I have gone to the main bose website and page for the item and given it a one star review that it deserves.  I suggest anyone else reading here and feeling the same do so as well.  It does not require signing up for an account to post a review -- just have to give your email so they confirm it.  Not sure if links post here but he is where to go. https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/wireless_speakers/soundtouch-20-wireless-music-system.h...
One star until Bose decides to fix it or swap me for a unit that is fit for the marketed purpose.
Thank you

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 19, 2017

I have the same problem. I have a Echo Dot connected to my bose wireless soundtouch speaker and it shuts down after 20 min. I need it to work 24/7