Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJumper
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

Re: Disable Auto-off on Soundtouch 20?

I have the Soundtouch 300 and it has the ability to turn off "Auto-off"...  I also have the Soundtouch 20 w/ Alexa....  This is a horrible soution and it should not be listed as compatible...  I could have purchaed a much cheaper speaker...

madman
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

I have read this entire thread and I understand a lot of frustration from users/customers who expect their products to be fully customizable. 

Obviously, Bose should develop their software that better integrates to allow adjustments to features (like timeouts) through their GUI. However, sometimes our 'wishes' don't just happen.

I can also tell there are a lot of novice users who are trying to telnet into their router and NOT their BOSE devices.  This is scary because with IOT devices such as this, we can all be prone to hacking.  You don't want your neighbour to take over your device and play death metal at 2:00 a.m.!! 

All criticism aside, if we could telnet into our BOSE units and adjust things that are cool and useful, that would be helpful.  For example, is there a command/parameter that allows you to list all commands that can control the unit?  For instance, setting the timeout to 2 hours or 90 minutes, etc?  That would be handy.

Anyways, good luck to us in disabling auto shutoff.  I like the auto shutoff, but it should be set for 90 minutes or more.

Some guy
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Incredibly disappointing that despite multiple requests here and elsewhere over more than 2 years, we still can’t disable auto off and/or change the time of inactivity which triggers auto off, on new SoundTouch speakers.

These expensive products don’t even work as a basic computer speaker! I connect it to my mac with aux, then select audio output = aux in my mac, then use my computer for 20 minutes without sound, then I get a notification or want to play a video or whatever app I am using needs to make a sound, and I hear nothing, the speaker has turned itself off!

I planned to buy 3 SoundTouch 10s but my countries online distributor only had 1 in stock, so I bought that with the plan to buy 2 more as soon as they are available. I have now changed that plan and will by Sonos instead.