Vaib
Registered since

Aug 1, 2015

Disappointed customer of soundtouch 30

Very Disapppointed customer , I have two main problems with my Sooundtouch 30 , Music keeps sttutering , pausing , volume going up and down  , and not stable , though my wifi is broadband and with 20mbps speed ( which i feel should be good enough to run this type of product ?) second issue is the bass goes completely out after 1minute or 2minutes of running .. and the voice that comes is really bad without the bass , and the system is only 15days old.. Very disappointed customer..
I bought it from US and carried all the way to CHina and really want to return it. I want to know if i can return this in China? or have to bring it back to the US. as it is just a paper weight for the house now ( and a big and heavy paper weight )
4 REPLIES 4
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Disappointed customer of soundtouch 30

Hi Vaib, 
There are two things we would want to look at in this case:

• When bought in the USA, the SoundTouch 30 is rated for 120v power only. Are you using the system with a voltage transformer to adapt the local 220v volt power in China? If not, this could cause strange symptoms during playback and seriously damage the system.
  • The maximum power consumption on the ST 30 is 150 Watts. When using a voltage transformer, make sure you choose one which can support that much for the speaker alone. Remember that other devices running off the same transformer may increase the overall load. Exceeding hte transformer's capacity may cause undesired behavior or even damage to the system.

If neither case applies, we would strongly advise contacting local service for further assistance with this. In China you can find contact information on http://www.bose.cn/
Thank you.
Vaib
Registered since

Aug 1, 2015

HI George,
Thanks for you reply , I am indeed using a step down transformer to reduce the voltage from 220V to 110V , and the wattage is 800W, but after 2 minutes of switching on the system , it starts stuttering and the bass automatically shts down , nit sure whats the problem
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Maximum power consumption for that product should be only around 200 Watts. However, the symptoms you are describing are almost certainly related to issues receiving correct voltage from the power supply in this setup. Remember that if you plug in any other devices to the same transformer, it can become overloaded and cause an error of this sort to connected electronics.
We would suggest testing the SoundTouch 30 temporarily as the only device connected to the transformer to see if the same problem persists. Contacting the manufacturer of the transformer for any further troubleshooting tips they can provide would also be advisable.
If you cannot identify a problem with the power hardware, we may need to investigate service locally for the SoundTouch 30. You can find contact info by visiting http://global.bose.com and selecting your country from the drop-down menu.
Thank you. 
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Vaib, So that we can provide some extra details to our engineers about this symptom: Can you let us know the brand and model # of the 800W transformer you were using?

Also any details about other transformers you have tested with since then would be helpful. Thank you.