Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 20, 2015

Disconnecting from Spotify with Soundtouch

Hello,
I've got a Cinemate 220 with Soundtouch and I've got a problem.
When I'm listening music (Spotify) with the Soundtouch app with my iPhone or iPad the connection fails from time to time. When I'm listening to Internetradio this is not happening.
In the settings of the app I can see that the connection is middling / tolerable, not good.
Could this be the problem and how can I solve this? I haven't got WiFi problems with any of my other devices.
Thanks in advance for your help!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Disconnecting from Spotify with Soundtouch

Hi davevank1985,
If your SoundTouch adapter for the Cinemate system reports "poor" or "Fair" signal strength, then this could definitely cause issues with Spotify playback. You can check on this using the steps in the article "Determining the received signal strength"
In this case you can improve signal by moving the adapter closer to the Wi-Fi router or connecting the adapter via an Ethernet cable. It may be easier to first try this temporarily so that we can test whether the issue still happens with a "good" or "great RSSI value.
Let us know.
Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 20, 2015

Hello George,
Thank you for your answer! It's strange that the signal is poor for my soundtouch, because with all my other equipment I don't experience this problem. 
Is here an explanation for? I hope I can find a splitter, when I do I can wire my soundtouch directly..
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

If your adapter is reporting poor signal, there are a number of factors to take into account which might cause this. For further steps to take, please see the troubleshooting suggested under the article: "Intermittent or poor Wi-Fi® network connection" 

Thank you.