Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

Do I need to run 2 SoundTouch wireless adapter?

Hi,
I am currently playing music on my back porch with a SoundTouch SA-4 with the wireless adapter located in my living room, know I'd like to replace my old Bose stereo with a new SoundTouch 130. Unfortunately this would add a second wireless adapter. Is there any possibility to operate both systems (SA-4 and 130) of one wireless adapter or do I need to use 2 adapter at the same time? If yes is there any interference between them and do I still control both systems thru my Bose app?
I really hope to be able to use just one wireless adapter and limit the amount of electronic devices in my living room.
I am looking forward to your response, thanks!
Stefan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Do I need to run 2 SoundTouch wireless adapter?

Hi Stefan, 

The SoundTouch adapters for an SA-4 and and the SoundTouch 130 look cosmetically similar, but they are actually two different pieces of hardware. We can sometimes chain multiple SA-4's to the same adapter, but in the case of these two products, each will need to connect to the network independently. 

As long as the two adapters are separated by a few feet there should be no appreciable interference between them. The Same Bose app will still control them, and you will be able to have them play either the same streaming music from the SoundTouch app or two different sources at once.
Hope this answers all of your questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Stefan, 

The SoundTouch adapters for an SA-4 and and the SoundTouch 130 look cosmetically similar, but they are actually two different pieces of hardware. We can sometimes chain multiple SA-4's to the same adapter, but in the case of these two products, each will need to connect to the network independently. 

As long as the two adapters are separated by a few feet there should be no appreciable interference between them. The Same Bose app will still control them, and you will be able to have them play either the same streaming music from the SoundTouch app or two different sources at once.
Hope this answers all of your questions.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

George,
thank you very much for your prompt response, this is all I need to know, now I can go ahead with the 130!
Stefan