Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Does Bose have plans to allow REORDRING of the speakers on the app?

I have over 15 speakers on the Soundtouch network. I add additional ones all the time (and at various intervals). Right now I have to essentially scroll through at least 10 speakers to get to the one I want to use. This is extremely frustrating. I want to be able to "sort" the speakers by room or area (e.g. back yard, first floor, second floor, etc).

With Sonos (a system I had before Soundtouch) it was super easy to reorder the speakers and place them at least in any order I wanted. I can't do this with Bose Soundtouch! (or at least I can't find out how I can do this). Is there a way?

I did stumble across this response to a similiar question: https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/SoundTouch-App-Sequence-of-List-of-Systems/td-p/689...

If I could give the answer the "Moderator" gave a huge 'thumbs down' I would. Deleting a re-adding speakers in the order I want one by one would take all day! Is there any plan to add/refine this feature of the UI?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Does Bose have plans to allow REORDRING of the speakers on the app?

Hi iceman101184, 

Thank you for the post. A quick and easy way to group and move systems would be great! Currently, the only way to do this is how it was mentioned in the linked thread. I'm not aware of a timeline to integrate this, but I will pass on your feedback to our development for future consideration. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Hi Brent,

Can you keep the community up to date with any progress on this request. Not being able to group (or even define the preferred order) of the speakers is a serious drawback of the app. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Just to add another thought here - in addition to being able to put speakers in to groups for the purposes of navigating to individual speakers more quickly, it would be great if grouping speakers this way ever happens, the same groups could also be used to quickly start broadcasting to some but not to all speakers.  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Terrific thought, Marty! I wholehearted agree 100%!! I almost always select the same speakers to play all together. It would be great to add them to a group and enable them all together at once versus one at a time each time!