Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

Does anybody have the solution for the garbled sound quality following an update to SoundTouch SA4?

Still waiting to find a solution to the terrible sound output following the update.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Does anybody have the solution for the garbled sound quality following an update to SoundTouc...

Hi Rickro,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles after a software update.  When does the garbled audio happen?  Is it all of the time?  On all different sources?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

Re: Does anybody have the solution for the garbled sound quality following an update to SoundTouc...

Brandon,

thanks for the prompt reply! I have the speakers out by the pool and haven't used the system in a few months. When I started the app it obviously needed an update. Once complete, I accessed Pandora as I normally do and the sound quality was horrible. big shock as nomally it is awesome. Google seaches show many other people having the same issue once the update took place. I tried several Pandora stations with the same results.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

Brandon,

did you get my reply?

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi Rickro,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles after a software update.  When does the garbled audio happen?  Is it all of the time?  On all different sources?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Rickro,

Yes I did 🙂  I'm just doing a little research right now.  I'll have an answer soon!

-Brandon

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

If you could, try rebooting your wireless router, and doing a 3 minute unplug of power from the SA-4 system.

When you updated the software on your app, did you also update the software on the SA-4?

We can also try re-installing the update on the SA-4 if these steps don't work.  Let me know if they don't and I'll get you the instructions on how to do so.

Thanks!

-Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

Brandon,

didn't know there was an update on the SA-4 will try when i get home tonight. Yes, I reset the wireless router can you send me the instructions on the SA-4 update that would be a great help, thank you.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Rickro,

Excellent, let me know if that solves the issue!  Here is the link for instructions on how to do an alternate update: https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView?id=kA140000000GvhlCAC

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

Brandon,

The link gave me different directions to copy the file to a USB drive and plug into the back of the wireless device. Unplug the AMP while holding the button on back of wireless device for 3 seconds and then replu the amp. It should take about 10 minutes for amp to reboot but after 1/2 hour nothing. Could be there was other items on USB so put it onto a clean one and started process over this morning. Will check when I get home....fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

Brandon,

Swing and a miss. Still terrible sound, totally unusable. I need your help to get this to work again.

Rick