JimmyH
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 18, 2016

Does the Soundtouch 10 have an always-on feature when not playing music?

I see that bose added a feature to disable auto-off on the soundlink mini ii after many user requests. I am hoping that there is an always-on feature for the Soundtouch 10 as well, so that I can use it with an Amazon Echo Dot.  Does the ST10 feature an auto-off feature like the 20 and 30?
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Does the Soundtouch 10 have an always-on feature when not playing music?

Hi JimmyH, 
All SoundTouch products will go into network-standby mode to conserve power after a 20 minutes of inactivity (No audio playing, no buttons pressed etc.). This will happen regardless of what source is selected.
There is currently no way to disable this, but we will assign this to the "Experiences and Feature Requests" Section as a suggestion. Thank you for your question.
ibuddy66
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

This is the absolute worst issue with this product.  There needs to be a disable auto off released ASAP for this product.  Alot of users aren't even bothering to report their disatisfaction and are just returning them.  I've personally known 25 people who have already returned the device simply because of the lack of ability to turn the power saving mode off.  In 2016 with products like Amazon Echo Dot out here, the lack of the ability to do this has no excuse.  It is really bad not to have that feature available and in fact I am also considdering returning this device if it isn't fixed within the next 5 days.  
talan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2016

Just purchased the SoundTouch 10 to pair with my Amazon Echo Dot.  While I'm happy with the sound quality I am loosing connectivity and constantly need to re-link.  Very frustrating - basically the product is not doing what it was purchased for - also will likely return product - dissatisfied customer!

mandomike45
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

It is nuts that Bose hasn't fixed this.  The ST10 is not a good choice for Echo if you have to turn it on all the time.  

Would it be possible to get Amazon Echo to send an audio signal every 19 minutes to keep the ST10 awake?  This is obviously a question for Echo hackers.

Hi all, 

Our last software release from a few months ago disabled the auto-off if any device is connected via Bluetooth. As long as you have a Bluetooth connected device, and up to date software, this is resolved. 

Thank you 

Andreas Buehler
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

Are you planning this also for the AUX input? Unfortunatley my Soundtouch 20 does not have bluetooth connectivity - seems that has been added only latley? Or did you add this with a software update?

It would be great if you guys could work together with Amazon to get this stuff sorted out. The Echo Dot should be able to connect to your Speaker network without having to switch Input channels at all. That would be a killer feature. I don't want to change my Bose Soundbar in the Living Room and the SoundTouch in the Bedroom, but I want to listen to my Audio Books when I tell Alexa to.

Hi Andreas, 

There currently isn't a timetable for this but it's definitely a very good request. The older series of SoundTouch 20s didn't have Bluetooth because they had an Airplay chip instead. Since this is a hardware difference there isn't a way to get Bluetooth on your particular unit which makes having an ability to disable the auto-off that much more important. I will share this with our development team here. 

Thank you 

Nyazai
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 24, 2016

I have 7 Bose speakers and 3 echo dots. The SoundTouch 10 in the bathroom stays connected to that dot all the time, but for some reason I have to say "Alexa, connect to Kitchen" (SoundTouch 30) and "Alexa, connect to Bedroom" (wave radio) each time. Not sure why it works with the 10 but not the others?? They are all connected via Bluetooth.

Hi Nyazai, 

That is indeed strange. Can you try to power cycle the 30, the Wave and their corresponding dots to see if that helps? If not, can you try to clear the Bluetooth pairing list from each and reconnect? 

Thank you