Dduvic
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2015

Does the sound touch wireless link allow one to play whole house audio using the aux input?

I have a turntable that is currently connected to a pair of powered bookshelf speakers. These speakers also have Bluetooth but I’m wired into the aux input. Could the soundlink adapter allow me to be able to connect the audio from my turntable to play whole house to the rest of my sound touch system. I currently have an av35 surround sound linked with two other rooms running on sa4 amps. 

4 REPLIES 4
Dduvic
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2015

Re: Does the sound touch wireless link allow one to play whole house audio using the aux input?

I want to clarify, after reading other past posts on similar topics. What I'm asking is if the wireless link has in fact evolved to include the re-broadcast functionality that once wasn't present. 

Charlotte_G

Re: Does the sound touch wireless link allow one to play whole house audio using the aux input?

Hey @Dduvic, thanks for posting!

AUX rebroadcasting is something that is possible. Simply play your desired source through the AUX input, then on the SoundTouch app just group the speakers with your other SoundTouch systems.

You can see how other users have done this here - AUX Rebroadcasting

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Dduvic
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2015

Thank you Charlotte. 

I'd like to ask a follow up question. Can the ST link be put "in-line" between the device going to the aux input and a set of speakers coming from the ST link output? Can it be used as a passthrough, that re-broadcast the signal to other speakers, in addition to allowing the original speakers to play?

Hector_B

Thanks for reaching back out to us Dduvic, 

Yes, this is something that would be possible. An example of this would be Turnable > Aux cable > ST Wireless Link Adapter "aux input" > ST Wireless Link Adapter "aux output" > Aux cable > Speakers. 

Then you would use the SoundTouch app to set the input of the adapter to Aux and then select play all! 

If you have any further questions, please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!