DROY
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Re: Downgrading to best version 14.0.33 (Working)

Hello @Brandon_M

Thank you for your revert.

I have updated the firmware to version 16.0.9 as available in Bose official ST support website - by going through the installation process word-for-word.

Unfortunately, NOT A SINGLE defect reported by me (number 1-7 in my post above) got resolved with the updated Firmware.

Only change I see is the updated version no. of the firmware of the wrongly identified "SA-4" speaker, the SoundTouch App version did not change from what it was (15.120.23).

I am a big fan of Bose products and have multiple Bose products at my home for personal use. Bose systems are supposed to be "GOLD Standard" in audio product quality, refinement, stability etc, like the way APPLE is gold standard in mobile product and software refinement!

I am very disappointed with the quality of software Bose is publishing in its website for customers to use and update! I had provided full detail of exact defects being faced (along with serial number of my units - WMS-III and ST Pedestal) ----- I only hope that someone from Bose Corporation is reading these posts and working on restoring dented confidence of loyal customers like me.

Kindly send these details to the L3 product group at Bose Corporation. I had interacted intensely with Bose India L1 and L2 representatives - none had a clue how to solve these basic defects - they tried remote installation / re-installation / resets / updates several times – but could not fix - now Bose India support folks also have gone SILENT - bit disappointed. I am only hoping Bose Corporation US will listen to posts at this global community / forum and help out with such software defect fix.

I appreciate your help and I do hope I shall have the defect fixed soon. Waiting the way other customers are also waiting for weeks.

Thanks and regards.

- DROY

pvnnpavan
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 26, 2017

How can i get this update.. i cannot find it when i open soundtouch app

DefianceBG
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

@PatR171

Thank you so so much for posting this guide and helping me get back my thunder! I managed to downgrade to 14.80 without any issues and the sound is so much better than 15.XX. However, I'm getting a very weird rattling noise from the accoustic mass right now .... it doesn't interfere with the sound quality, but every now and then you hear an awkward rattle/thump. If you still have it, would you be able to forward to me the 14.0.33 so I can try if I'd have that sound with it as well?

@Shreyas1983 

Thank you for providing us with that onedrive link, it was very helpful for me! 

Just to point out that now you are unable to click "remind me later" for the Windows SoundTouch app, when you start it it's forcing you to update ( you still have to click the update button itself, but you cannot go arround it).

Shreyas1983
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 13, 2017

Try doing a factory reset. Downgrading the firmware does not get rid of the calibration settings. Only a factory reset does.
DROY
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Hello @pvnnpavan

I did not get prompt from SoundTuch App, but I downloaded the latest firmware (version 16.0.9) manually from the below official Bose link (Option-1 was used):

https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/soundtouch_usb/index.html#Wave_SoundTouch

Option-1: Wave SoundTouch® Music System (I installed through this option)

Option-2: Wave SoundTouch® Series IV

Thanks.

DROY
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Hello @Shreyas1983

I have done "factory reset" several times, did not solve the issued, even after installation of the latest firmware (version 16.0.9) from Bose website.

I am curious to know if you have same system as mine (kinldy refer to my posts) and if you faced the same issues like the way I reported and also reported by "eliransapir" (plus few more) in follosing posts:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Wave-Soundtouch-15-0-20-Firmware-Issues-identifies....

Thanks.

Shreyas1983
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 13, 2017

@DROY sorry mate my reply was for @DefianceBG. I have the soundtouch 300 and the latest version for me 16.0.12 🙂
Highlighted
DefianceBG
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

@Shreyas1983 , I unplugged the AM and rear speakers for a minute then plugged them back, re-paired them and ran the adaptiq . Since then I haven't heard the noise. If I do, I will try the reset, thanks for the tip!
Ferrous
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Hi. How do I download version 14

Thanks

zaffa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

Hello guys, 

Can someone PM me 14.x download link.

Thanks.