For everyone who experience low Bass on latest firmware V16 first try only step1 Factory reset the ST300 1x/2x in a row and "don't use adaptiq" This should restore all the Bass there is from the AM300.
-Factory reset the ST300
If the factory reset doesn't work for you, you can continue with the downgrade below:
This method works on Windows, If you have a Mac you can do this via "Vmware Fusion trial version" to run a copy of windows on your Mac.
Step2 (Untill Bose has a fix for this)
-Download the official previous ST300 (Firmware file version 14.033 & Windows app version 14.80.6)
(Bose removed the 14.0.33 firmware & 14.80.6 Windows app version from their website)
PM me for help.
-Installing the firmware file 14.0.33
(The Update.stu file which you can find on the official Bose link below is the latest v16.0.12 so don't use this).
-Choose only this method > Manually updating with a USB cable (alternate method)
(I use a micro usb to usb cable and laptop/pc)
-Once connected the micro usb cable to your SoundTouch system and laptop/pc upload the file Update.stu from the firmware 14.0.33 folder which you have downloaded in Step2.
Now you have your previous Firmware version 14.033 back on the ST300.
Uninstall the latest SoundTouch windows app with the SoundTouch uninstaller
and install version 14.80.6 from the Windows SoundTouch app folder (step3), Once installed
I got to choose to update the windows app or the "remind me later" option choose the latest.
Untill now I can still use the previous app version 14.80.6 on windows without updating or auto update but don't know if this stays this way.. so be carefull..
>> Remember all apps force you to update to the latest version except the Windows app 14.80.6 in Windows 7 if it gives you no choice to update close the program 2/3x and choose "remind later".<<
-Unplug your Acoustimass300 & VI300 surround speakers if you have these for about 1 minute and pair them
-Enjoy your downgrade of the firmware
* If the above method doesn't work for you then you can try this::
Please follow the procedure outlined below to get your product back up and running. You will require a USB stick to perform this update as well as an OTG (on-the-go) adapter (a female USB-A to male USB-B cable).
1. Please download the necessary update file from this link: (PM me for help)
2. Place the file onto a blank USB stick
3. Insert the USB drive via the OTG cable into the 'Setup' port on the back of the soundbar.
4. Unplug the power cord from your system.
5. Press and release the SoundTouch button on the SoundTouch 300 remote.
6. Press and hold the CC button on the remote while reconnecting the power cord into the soundbar. (Keep pressing until the LEDs begin to flash from one source to another on the front of the soundbar. This takes approximately 6 seconds.)
7. The Wi-Fi LED will blink white and the sources will appear to be changing.
8. After the lights stop blinking, wait about 10 minutes for the update to fully complete.
9. Reconnect your additional speakers by pressing the SoundTouch button on the remote and then pressing and holding the '7' button.
10.Install the Windows 14.80.6 Soundtouch app and choose not to update but "remind me later" option (
One known case so far had version 15.0.20 Factory installed and couldn't downgrade but everyone who has updated their systems can go back to previous firmware.
-- improvements/comments are always welcome so we can help other ST users,
Let me know if this method works for you --