Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Downgrading to best version 14.0.33 (Working)

For everyone who experience low Bass on latest firmware V16 first try only step1 Factory reset the ST300 1x/2x in a row and "don't use adaptiq" This should restore all the Bass there is from the AM300.

Step1

-Factory reset the ST300

https://www.soundtouch.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P3300000ioYUu#AM773965_04.indd%3A.667...

If the factory reset doesn't work for you, you can continue with the downgrade below:

This method works on Windows, If you have a Mac you can do this via "Vmware Fusion trial version" to run a copy of windows on your Mac.

Step2 (Untill Bose has a fix for this)

-Download the official previous ST300 (Firmware file version 14.033 & Windows app version 14.80.6)

(Bose removed the 14.0.33 firmware & 14.80.6 Windows app version from their website)

PM me for help.

Step3

-Installing the firmware file 14.0.33

Note:

(The Update.stu file which you can find on the official Bose link below is the latest v16.0.12 so don't use this).

Goto https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView?id=kA133000000TgR9

-Choose only this method > Manually updating with a USB cable (alternate method)

(I use a micro usb to usb cable and laptop/pc)

-Once connected the micro usb cable to your SoundTouch system and laptop/pc upload the file Update.stu from the firmware 14.0.33 folder which you have downloaded in Step2.

Now you have your previous Firmware version 14.033 back on the ST300.

Step4

Uninstall the latest SoundTouch windows app with the SoundTouch uninstaller
and install version 14.80.6 from the Windows SoundTouch app folder (step3), Once installed
I got to choose to update the windows app or the "remind me later" option choose the latest.

Untill now I can still use the previous app version 14.80.6 on windows without updating or auto update but don't know if this stays this way.. so be carefull..

>> Remember all apps force you to update to the latest version except the Windows app 14.80.6 in Windows 7 if it gives you no choice to update close the program 2/3x and choose "remind later".<<

Step5

-Unplug your Acoustimass300 & VI300 surround speakers if you have these for about 1 minute and pair them

https://www.soundtouch.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P3300000ioYUu

Step6

-Enjoy your downgrade of the firmwareSmiley Very Happy

* If the above method doesn't work for you then you can try this::

Please follow the procedure outlined below to get your product back up and running. You will require a USB stick to perform this update as well as an OTG (on-the-go) adapter (a female USB-A to male USB-B cable).

1. Please download the necessary update file from this link: (PM me for help)
2. Place the file onto a blank USB stick
3. Insert the USB drive via the OTG cable into the 'Setup' port on the back of the soundbar.
4. Unplug the power cord from your system.
5. Press and release the SoundTouch button on the SoundTouch 300 remote.
6. Press and hold the CC button on the remote while reconnecting the power cord into the soundbar. (Keep pressing until the LEDs begin to flash from one source to another on the front of the soundbar. This takes approximately 6 seconds.)
7. The Wi-Fi LED will blink white and the sources will appear to be changing.
8. After the lights stop blinking, wait about 10 minutes for the update to fully complete.
9. Reconnect your additional speakers by pressing the SoundTouch button on the remote and then pressing and holding the '7' button.

10.Install the Windows 14.80.6 Soundtouch app and choose not to update but "remind me later" option (

Note:

One known case so far had version 15.0.20 Factory installed and couldn't downgrade but everyone who has updated their systems can go back to previous firmware.

-- improvements/comments are always welcome so we can help other ST users,

Let me know if this method works for you --

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Re: Downgrading to best version 14.80.6 (Working)

I also can confirm that the Thunder is back in my acoustimass but the standard Bass level is less than before Cat Indifferent

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Community_Admin

Hi all

For anyone still following this thread, we have posted about this HERE with the following verbiage:  

First off, we would like to apologize for the frustration this issue has caused as we understand the sound quality of your systems is of the utmost importance. We appreciate your feedback to our investigation and we have some good news to share with you. We have listened and taken your input seriously and we are in the process of making changes to bring the sound quality back to what you experienced prior to the most recent software update. Of course, we need to ensure any software update goes through our standard quality and testing cycles before we make it available to our customers.  So we ask for a bit more patience while we do so and we will be sure to communicate more specific details on timing soon. Again, we do strongly value your time and input and we greatly appreciate the efforts you have all undergone during this investigation. Please stay tuned for more information soon.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Re: Downgrading from 15.110.10 to 14.80.6 (Working)

Thanks for sharing! 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Re: Downgrading from 15.110.10 to 14.80.6 (Working)

vandrew wrote:

Thanks for sharing! 

@your service

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

I recently purchased soundtouch 300 plus ac bass 300. Checked the version and noted it came with version 15.0.20 firmware  (ie this is the factory setting). Have gone through all the steps to downgrade to 14.80.6 as detailed in the various threads but no success :

- Reset to factory defaults;

- download version 14.80.6 to my laptop (windows 10)

- linked my laptop to my soundtouch and attempted to downgrade through webbrowser (http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html )

The link displays the page that allows me to select and load the version 14.80.06  (update.stu)and upload the file from my desktop.

I get the message that i should wait while soundtouch is being prepared for update. however the progress bar is instantly filled the second i click on upload button. On the soundtouch screen all i get is flashing white led light. i switched this off after 30 minutes when no change. Software remains version 15.0.20

i have repeated these procedures several times . unpluging all cables. changing the usb cables. with and without the acoustimass 300. The result remains the same.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Thinking of returning the products if i cannot at least get the bass back to what i heard in the store demo

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@Bs_loyal

I use the micro usb cable connected on the soundbar to usb pc/laptop and upload the update.stu file without any problems.. no remote needed.

Only this method - Manually updating with a USB cable (alternate method)

https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView?id=kA133000000TgR9

Let me know if this work for you.

Post with 96 views.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Thanks for your response.

My connection is via usb/Laptop cable:

- one end in the service input of the soundbar and the other end connected to the laptop 

- soundbar is  switched on ( i guess this will also automatically connect wireless to my network by default)

- laptop connected to the internet wireless

when results failed, connected sound bar by cable to internet. Same result

is there anything anything i failed to do here?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

This is exacly what i did (manual downgrade).  Got same Same screen as you have attached but no positive result . After selecting the update.stu file and clicking the upload button, all i saw was the wifi led blinking white and the progress bar was immediately filled

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

That's sad to hear, Maybe Bose has blocked the option to downgrade in their latest "Proffessional update" I highly doubt this..

They must come with a one step downgrade program if their updates are no good wich is the case at the moment..

* There is a local update.html webpage file in the SoundTouch/Stockholm folder wich you can try also.

When I know the solution I'll let you know..

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Hello

i have made some further attempts to downgrade to 14.80.6 from my current (which is  also factory ) setting of 15.02.20. It appears that the firmware cannot be downgraded to a version below the factory settings using the method outlined In the various threads. My trial period runs out soon . For me the products (SoundTouch 300 and accoustimas 300) are no good for me without the bass in the original form. Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 26, 2017

Above process mentioned did work for me.

Make sure you use a cable which comes along with your android phone charger.. and connect to PC.

Speaker should be in Switch on state.  And reset the speaker and retry again in case if you see issues.

Note that after upgrade, you cannot use soundtouch app on mobile and you have to stay with app on windows.

If you are not able to open the link posted in the article, try using other laptop/pc.  May be an issue with driver installation or antivirus, since I am not able to downgrade using my PC, since the url did not work. I am able to do it with my laptop.

Also soundtouch app should be installed for the drivers of soundtouch to be installed on your PC/Laptop.  Try installing the version mentioned in the article after uninstalling all previous versions.

Hope this helps.