Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Re: Downgrading to best version 14.80.6 (Working)

Hi PatR171

my case differs from everybody else who has reported successfull downgrade . As far as I can tell they had previously upgraded to 15.0.20 and then subsequently downgraded.

in my case my SoundTouch came with firmware 15.0.20 and it has prevented me from downgrading to a lower version. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi all

For anyone still following this thread, we have posted about this HERE with the following verbiage:  

First off, we would like to apologize for the frustration this issue has caused as we understand the sound quality of your systems is of the utmost importance. We appreciate your feedback to our investigation and we have some good news to share with you. We have listened and taken your input seriously and we are in the process of making changes to bring the sound quality back to what you experienced prior to the most recent software update. Of course, we need to ensure any software update goes through our standard quality and testing cycles before we make it available to our customers.  So we ask for a bit more patience while we do so and we will be sure to communicate more specific details on timing soon. Again, we do strongly value your time and input and we greatly appreciate the efforts you have all undergone during this investigation. Please stay tuned for more information soon.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Hi Brent_B

So BOSE is combining the fixes with the normal update, Any details what we can expect? make us happy.

This is known so far:
- Restore sound experience from previous firmware (ST300 & AM300)
- 18 minute auto off function disabled (or on/off option in app)
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi PatR171,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will be sure to communicate more specific details as they become available. For now, the most current information can be found here. We appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

@PatR171 wrote:

Hi Brent_B

So BOSE is combining the fixes with the normal update, Any details what we can expect? make us happy.

This is known so far:
- Restore sound experience from previous firmware (ST300 & AM300)
- 18 minute auto off function disabled (or on/off option in app)

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Re: Downgrading to best version 14.0.33 (Working)

Hello,

I am also having major issues with Bose WMS-III with SoundTouch Pedestal after upgrade to Firmware version 15.0.20..... the behaviour of the system has become crazy !

Can you please share the earlier version of the Firmwire? My email id roy_debojyoti@hotmail.com

Bose site is only allowing download of version 15.0.20 which is full of defects!

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@DROY wrote:

Hello,

I am also having major issues with Bose WMS-III with SoundTouch Pedestal after upgrade to Firmware version 15.0.20..... the behaviour of the system has become crazy !

Can you please share the earlier version of the Firmwire? My email id roy_debojyoti@hotmail.com

Bose site is only allowing download of version 15.0.20 which is full of defects!

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I wish I could help you with this but Wave systems are using a different firmware which I don't have, >>Moderators please help this member.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi DROY,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your Wave ST III system.  We don't provide older firmware versions, as your system will not function correctly in the SoundTouch network if it has an older software version.

What is going on with your SoundTouch system?  We can troubleshoot to get your issues resolved.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Hello @Brandon_M,

Thank you for your response.

Summary of issues being encountered after upgrade to latest Firmware version 15.0.20 are as follows. These weird behaviors are crippling the system:

1). The system is discovered by / identified in SoundTouch App as “Bose SA-4” not at “WMS-III / SoundTocuh”, even the picture of the identified system is that of “Bose SA-4”.

2). In SoundTouch App, the volume control (slider) does not work. Need the remove to control volume....

3). The WMS-III base unit shows static text “Boselink” only – no information about WiFi Radio Station or Song Title etc, are displayed. i.e. Song names do not show up on screen - system will only show “Boselink” on screen when playing via spotify/pandora or airplay.

4). Pre-set internet radio stations (6 numbers) setup in SoundTouch App can not be selected through 1-6 buttons in accompanying remote.

5). When clicking the SoundTouch/AUX button on remote the system will show "SoundTouch" on screen but no SoundTouch commands can be sent to the system nor can any song be played in this mode. In order to use, SoundTouch system needs to be off /standby, at which point it will turn on and switch to Boselink mode.

6). Switching from Spotify or any other SoundTouch music source to airplay freezes system

7). Switching from Airplay to any SoundTouch music source freezes system

Please note that ALL these issues have also been reported by customers / users from other geographies also (as evident from multiple posts in Bose Community website) - hence these defects must be caused by issues / bugs with the Firmware (15.0.20) and possibly of the SoundTocuh App also. Kindly help take this to the next level for a quick resolution.

The Serial Nos of my system are as follows

1). ST Pedestal Srl No: 062442F42410087AE  (Model No:412534)

2). WMS-III Srl No:  055429C21145488AE

The latest firmware was installed from the below official Bose link (Option-1 was used):

https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/soundtouch_usb/index.html#Wave_SoundTouch

Option-1: Wave SoundTouch® Music System (I installed through this option)

Option-2: Wave SoundTouch® Series IV

Please note that there are other posts also with exactly same issues being faced by other Bose customer, as reported in following community URL:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Wave-Soundtouch-15-0-20-Firmware-Issues-identifies...

I have tried reset, install, un-install, re-install several times – with no resolution to the above issues. At one point, I gave my system / laptop control to IN_Support (Bose India Technical remote support) – they also tried the similar “reset, install, un-install, re-install 2-3 times” remotely 2 days ago. Nothing worked so far.

Best regards.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi DROY,

Excellent, thank you for all of the information.  

We've just released an update today.  Were you prompted to install it on your devices and update your SoundTouch App?

Thanks,

Brandon