Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2016

Enough! Airplay on Soundtouch is a shambles! Refund or compensation time

I have been a loyal Bose customer since 1990, mainly due to the sound, finish and support of products.
This year, I have invested USD5k in Soundtouch gear for my new house.
2 x SA-4
1 x AM-5
1 x 251
1 x ST30 series 2
3 x ST20 series 2 
1 x ST Portable
1 x ST 120 (using Airport Express for Airplay)
I also own QC 2 headphones, sound sport wireless and 2 x sound sport wired, Bose Solo and the Bluetooth phone ear piece. I am committed and invested and until now happy.
I am an Apple installation. I love Apple and got series 2 equipment with Airplay in my largely wireless house. I am a big user of airplay for podcasts and Apple Music.
In recent times, there has been a lengthy delay airplaying content from my iPhone, iPad and Macs. One podcast just took eight minutes to 'appear'. And sound often is often distorted.
Thid is terrible and not what I expect from Bose. I regret my investment. I would like to return all of my gear for refund. I don't have any original packaging. The gear is less than 3 months old.
I have been sold products that don't meet expectations. Indeed, they don't work as promised.
I want to return
SA-4 x 2
ST-30
ST-20 x 2 
ST Portable
These total usd3k. How do I progress this. I am in Australia.
Thanks,
Andrew
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 14, 2016

Re: Enough! Airplay on Soundtouch is a shambles! Refund or compensation time

I too feel this way with the way that Soundtouch App is being developed, progress is slow and way behind the competition.
The airplay issue (distorted sound for me) is compounded by the lack of streaming options for SoundTouch - how long do we wait for Amazon Music in the UK....??
A real shame because the products and hardware are great, support and software are frustrating and very poor.
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 12, 2016

I'm also experiencing the same issues with my SA-4 in recent times. It takes up to 5 minutes for sound to come out the speakers using airplay from iOS. The sound is very fuzzy, like a 50 years old speakers when playing from AirPlay iOS. When I bought BOSE it came with a letter inside the package saying about the Bose commitment with sound quality. That's not what I'm experiencing. This issue with airplay should be a top priority for Bose. Does Bose expect to lauch an update soon to solve it?
Thanks
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi all,

The Airplay delay issue will be fixed with our maintenance release scheduled for this month and the distorted audio issue should be resolved with a patch to be released very shortly within the upcoming days. In addition, we are actively working to bring Amazon Music for SoundTouch in the countries it's streaming in for the future, but we do not currently have a timeline for this expansion. We will keep this community informed as we continue to collaborate with Amazon on this and have information to share.

Many apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 27, 2016

Come on Bose, you are or were way better than this... Airplay is not working properly (4 minutes for the soudn to come out for me) and you need to add Apple Music!! With Amar this would be different.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2015

Airplay is not even shown/support on the iphone/ ipad with the new firmware10.1, very disappointing of BOSE products.  my ST30(ii), ST JCii and 3 SA-4's only play radio now, it's cause too much trouble to play from my Mac' itune music library and no more airplay function to play my Apple music from my iphone
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi baothuy_2003,

Apple has indeed changed the location of Airplay with iOS10.  If you swipe up from the bottom on your Apple device you should see your brightness settings, the flashlight, calculator, etc.  Once at this screen, swipe to the left and you should see an icon at the bottom of a triangle inside a circle. Once you click this icon, you can select your airplay destination devices.

Thank you

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 19, 2015

Brent - my sound touch will not pick up my music - the app works fine when I want to listen to the radio but it does not pick up my music at all - I waited for 10 mins the other night and nothing. It works fine from my Mac but not from my iPad or iPhone - I basically have the most expensive radio ever - such a disappointment - I feel very let down by Bose and their lack of updates and answers in this forum to questions relating to this topic. The airplay displays my speaker system - my speaker system displays 'airplay' but no music a frustrated beyond belief.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2016

Brent, Aoife is correct. You misread her comment.
I have exactly the same problem as her.
What is the delivery date for:
1 Updated soundtouch firmware?
2 Updated app for iOS?
3 Updated app for Mac?
If these updates fail, I will require a full refund or compensation.
Thanks
Andrew 
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

HERE is the latest information about the November release. Since the update is staged, you will be prompted to update sometime before December 1st.

Thank you