NJongewaard
Registered since

Nov 24, 2016

Re: Enough! Airplay on Soundtouch is a shambles! Refund or compensation time

I have the latest software. My problem is as follows:
When I try to play music from my iPhone and go to select an Airplay speaker, my SoundTouch 20 does not show up in the list. If I hold down the AUX button on the unit until it reboots, then it DOES show up in the AirPlay list on my iPhone. This reboot is required nearly every time I want to use the system for AirPlay; also, it's required sometimes when I switch what I am playing in my music app (Apple Music) and the AirPlay connection is just dropped. Other times, switching what I am playing in Apple Music does NOT cause the SoundTouch to disappear from the AirPlay list.
Very occasionally, if I keep looking at my AirPlay list, my SoundTouch speaker will *eventually* appear there as an option. But usually I am fed up and do a system reboot (AUX button) before this occurs.
I too am considering replacing this unit and feel very irritated with Bose for not solving this problem. I feel I should get a full refund or a simple exchang to a working product. I got this unit specifically for the AirPlay functionality and this persistent problem is very disappointing. A BlueTooth unit would be a poor alternative, but better than something that doesn't work.
To be clear, yes everything is on the same Wi-Fi network—obviously, because it works some of the time. Yes, I frequently try rebooting everything, as I have said. 

kenny008
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

Hey, there Bose.
Also VERY interested in your fix for the Airplay issue.  Hopefully, you consider this an issue, since your ratings on this product continue to go down from every user that tries to use Airplay.  Surely, you MUST know what the issue is (after several years of receiving reports).
My Airplay used to work (intermittently), but it is now completely inaccessible.  The Bose unit NEVER shows up as an Airplay option.  Yes, I have already gone through all your Knowledge BAse troubleshooting.  Network connections are correct, etc. I have the latest software and app versions.
Ev en just telling us that, yes, you know it's a problem and expect a fix sometime would be nice.  Just ignoring the issue is NOT OK. 
It's a shame you don't continue to support your products as I had hoped.
mikewhiskey
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2015

Hello, way over a year since I (along with many of you!) started having this issue and still no resolution. What is the plan please, Bose? It is wholly unacceptable that a supplier causes an issue and as a result leaves a product unfit for purpose (a very expensive internet radio brick at that!) without making every effort to resolve the root cause and to protect its brand image. What is your commitment, Bose, to reconcile this issue with your customers? Are you exchanging for non-Airplay Soundtouches? You've been saying for over a year to be working on what should be a simple bug fix (regardless of your licensing issues with Apple) but other than lip service there have been no results--the issue persists. What say you, Bose, what date and time will you live up to your promises and resolve this? Be as specific as every one of us has been with every dollar and penny at the till! November? What year?? Today is the 14th of December 2016, just in case.
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi mikewhiskey, we've sent you a DM about this. 

Thank you 

moff2016
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2015

Hi Brent_B,

I have the same problem with Airplay on a Soundtouch 30 second generation (Wi-Fi). I have to wait several minutes before I can listen to my songs. I would be interested to have a solution. Thank You.

moff2016
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2015

Hi Brandon_M,
After installing the patch you send me, the Airplay issue seems to be repaired. I will have plenty of chances to try it again in this holiday's season.
Thank You very much!

AndrewWoodward
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2016

So how do I get this patch? My problem remains.
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

@AndrewWoodward,

You'll be receiving a private message with instructions shortly.

Thanks,

Brandon

CosmicProG
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

@Brandon_M

May I have the Patch aswell ?

The installation of the November Update hasn't resulted in any improvements in AirPlay connectivity. The same major delay issue is still prevailant (for a year now).

Thank You

mikewhiskey
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2015

This is turning into a massive waste of my time!

a) Cannot sign into the Bose Community on Google Chrome, auth.bose.com only works on IE...go figure!

b) I've received a private message with a link etc. but the login credentials provided don't work:

"SoundTouch EFE Community Sign Up

Welcome!
Please login or create an account below.

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• One or more of these members do not have private messages enabled. Their names have been removed from the Send to list."

However, Brent_B remains on the recipients list...

Seriously, HOW DIFFICULT CAN THIS ALL BE???