Soundtouch-Iran
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Error 1005

Hello From Iran,
Before you had upgraded to TuneIn and before the sanctions were reimposed on Iran everything was working like clockwise.

I have removed and reinstalled my SoundTouch 10,30 but do not see any TuneIn station unless I have VPN signed on!!! Even then when I press a station I get an error 1005 which states “we can not play my choice now. Try again later” without VPN nothing shows and simply says “Service unavailable when speaker is offline!”

Help, recommendations anything....

24 REPLIES 24
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Error 1005

Hello Soundtouch-Iran,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues your experiencing when trying to use TuneIn radio. Can you provide the stations you're trying to access when you're not on VPN that are providing this error?

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Brabep
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 18, 2017

I've the same problem in Austria: TuneIn still doesn't work on my Bose Lifestyle 650 System. I always get error "Replay not possible. Try again later (1005)" This happens since 18.11.2018. What can I do ?

Jelo75
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Hello,
I live in Germany. I have 2 soundtouch 10 and 1 soundtouch 30...
I have the same problem since sunday
Error 1005
I had to change from standard Bose radio to Tune In for ~ one or two weeks without Information before after updates. All presets had to be renewed😢
Now after trying a lot of things, I am still not available to hear radio on two of the boxes...
Please help me!
Thank you
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Brabep and Jelo75,

Thank you both for posting.

Can you both let me know what version your systems and application are on? You can verify this by opening the SoundTouch and navigating to "Settings" then "About" and choose the app and each system and let me know.

Have you tried rebooting your SoundTouch systems and router by unplugging both of them from power for 30 seconds? 

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Brabep
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 18, 2017

Hi Joel, I reset my Lifestyle 650 as described below. I had it completely off for around five minutes but the result is the same - still Error 1005. My iOS 12 Sountouch App is Version 20.0.3. Interface Version 20.0.6, Protocolversion 61. SW Version of my Lifestyle 650 is 14.10.21. I can send screenshots with all details if needed. Regards, Peter
Brabep
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 18, 2017

Hi Joel, i was in the Bose Store in Vienna yesterday and the store manager helped to identify the root cause of the problem. My Lifestyle Software obviously never got updated despite I have set automatic updates in settings. Therefore I updated my Lifestyle 650 System manually following this procedure https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/soundtouch_usb/index.html?l=de I now have 20.0.3 everywhere and TuneIn works. You can close my trouble ticket. It would be good for all Bose Users if you mention all the required SW Levels in your original announcement that Internet Radio is deprecated. Regards, Peter 

Soundtouch-Iran
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Hi,

My Soundtouch 10,30 version is 20.0.6. The only time I get TuneIn option and list of stations on my iPad or iPhone is when I am
VPNed in otherwise I get a grayed out message saying “Services unavailable when speaker is offline” !

Any other ideas?
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Brabep,

I appreciate you coming back and letting us know what resolved it.

We're happy to hear everything is working now.

Have a good day!

Best Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Jelo75
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Hi Joel,
I had no time to check the mails during the week end.
I don't know why but since Saturday it works properly again. I didn't change or install intentionaly anything... Very strange after few days troubles.

The app version is 20.0.3
Interface version 20.0.6

Thank you for reply. Regards