Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danielmichaeljackson
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

Error 4004/404

Unable to download latest firmware UK. I keep getting error code 4004/404 within the bose app. I have soundtouch 300 & Sub, 30, 20 and 2 x 10’s. 

The 300 soundbar is connect via Ethernet. The others via WiFi. I have removed all the speakers from the app and reinstalled them. Turned all off at the power source. 

Re-opened the app and still get the same error message. This is the first time I have encountered this issue. Anyone one else having the same problem or any advice? 

I have also just tried to update the firmware via the soundtouch 300 remote, but nothing has changed. Pressing the soundtouch button and holding the cc button until all four lights are white and flashing. Still no update. 

Ive just checked the app and the download has now been successful, thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
norbie3
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 25, 2016

Re: Error 4004/404

Author Accepted Answer selected by Danielmichaeljackson

I have had this error 3-4 times a few days ago since then no update message any more. My system is still working under 18.x as it is and I am in a way happy not to receive an update compulsorily. Latest updates haven't been an improvement. 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ficklefinger
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Same here with a pair of Soundtouch 10.

norbie3
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 25, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Danielmichaeljackson

I have had this error 3-4 times a few days ago since then no update message any more. My system is still working under 18.x as it is and I am in a way happy not to receive an update compulsorily. Latest updates haven't been an improvement. 😉

View solution in original post