Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Error 6026 connecting to SiriusXM

Wave Soundtouch series IV

SiriusXM was set and working with no issues.

I've got 2 Sirius streaming accounts, Sirius cut me a deal with the second account with gave me online access for 2 years, so I removed the Sirius account I was using on Soundtouch and entered the details for my second streaming account but now just keep getting 'Try entering your password again (6026)'.

I've used the account to logon via the online player and can stream Sirius just fine with it.

I've tried putting back in the details for my other (previously working on the Wave Soundtouch) Sirius streaming account and THAT also now gives the same 6026 error.

Both accounts are working Sirius online streaming accounts.

It appears as though removing a working Sirius account from the Wave Soundtouch has caused something to glitch - entering either of the two working online streaming accounts that I own just give the 6026 error.

I have tried a power recycle of the radio, and a reboot of the router (radio connects over WiFi) to no avail.

Is there a way of performing some kind of hard reset on the radio, or re-download of its bios/code?

14 REPLIES 14
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Error 6026 connecting to SiriusXM

Hi George.Jetson

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but would be happy to help!

Would it be possible to change the password of the 2nd account you have from Sirius and make sure there are no special characters in it, and give it another try?

There is a way of factory defaulting the Wi-Fi pedestal for the Wave if the first step did not work.  HERE are the steps

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply andthe  suggested things to try.

I changed the password of the Sirius account, confirmed all was good by logging in via the web browser player, and also the Sirius iPhone streaming app, but still got the 6026 error when adding the Sirius service via the SoundTouch app.

So then I tried renaming the userid on Sirius, confirmed all was working, but again 6026 when trying to add the service.

I followed the steps to reset the pedestal - this made me have to add the speaker again 'as new' from within the SoundTouch app but again: 6026 when adding Sirius.

One thing though that did surprise me - I'm also using Spotify as a Music Service. The pedestal reset did not wipe the settings for the Spotify service - I would have thought a reset would effectively be a 'return to factory settings' type of thing and wipe everything?

For the heck of it I also followed the steps to reset the Wave Radio on the off-chance that the settings are stored there instead, but it made no difference, 6026 every time 😞

Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi George.Jetson

Thanks for the reply!  Regarding factory resetting the pedestal which houses all of your network credentials, this would not wipe out any presets or streaming services, as that information is stored on our servers.  

I'm going to reach out to you via PM to request some additional information regarding the 6026 error still.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi George.Jetson

Thanks for the quick reply!

So I am getting the same exact error as you are through the SoundTouch app while trying to add it to our test SoundTouch account.  I've tried also logging into the online player as well https://player.siriusxm.com/ and am getting login errors here as well.

It appears to be an issue with the Sirius accounts as we haven't seen any issues logging in/out of our Sirius accounts here.  

I would recommend contacting Sirius support to verify if there are issues with the account or if the streaming feature hasn't been enabled for some reason.

Thank you

Tony A

Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Hi Tony

I've reset the user-id (same details as per the PM I sent), have logged in and out twice on both the iPhone Sirius streaming app and the desktop browser to confirm all is good with the Sirius account.

I've then tried again adding Sirius to the Soundtouch (just in case!) - but still get the 6026.

Can I ask you to please give it another go?

Kind Regards

Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi George.Jetson

I'm still getting the error trying to login to https://player.siriusxm.com/ with the credentials still.  Are you using this exact link or using it through the main homepage of Sirius?

Let us know so we can get to the bottom of it.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Hi Tony

No, I'm in Canada so I use https://player.siriusxm.ca.

I've tried the credentials on .com and - like you - I'm getting an error.

Trying the credentials on .ca (again, just now) and I can get in.

Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi George.Jetson

That would make a lot of sense!  Yes, this is working on the .CA site, and I'm still running into this issue.  

Let me get this up to development to see if they can identify what's going on.  Before we can do this, the development team would need some extra information.  I'm going to PM you for those details. 

Warm Regards

Tony A 

Contributor
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

I am also STILL having this issue (ERROR: 6026)  and have tried everything that has been suggested - outlined in this previous thread.

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Can-t-Sign-into-Sirius-XM-Account/td-p/128331/high...

I own the Soundtouch Link Adapter, the SA-5 and the Lifestyle 650, none of which can stream SiruisXM.

This problem seems to be spreading.