brianandrus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2015

Error 6026 when trying to add SiriusXM account

About a month ago, my Soundtouch quit playing my siriusxm music.
I tried removing/re-adding the account, but it tells me "Try entering your password again. (6026)"
I know the password works as I can use it to log in to Siriusxm.com as well as their app.
SiriusXM had me ensure I did not have multiple devices logged in, which I verified. Bose support had me remove/reinstall the software and reboot my router to no avail.

Can someone please look at this. I see others have had the same issue recently, but the thread was moved to archive with no resolution.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Error 6026 when trying to add SiriusXM account

Hi brianandrus,

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry about the frustration with this issue. Can you test something for me? Can you try resetting your password for SiriusXM and then try adding it back to your SoundTouch account again? I know that this has helped other users that have had similar issues.

Please, let me know how this works out.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

brianandrus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2015

Gave that a try and still no luck.

Hi brianandrus,

Thanks for testing that.  Which device do you have the SoundTouch App installed on?  Are you able to install it on a different device and try adding the account again?

Best,

Brandon

mpmcgilloway
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2018

Hi I am very frustrated as I am experiencing the exact same issue.  I am anxiously awaiting resolvement.

So far I did the following:

1 - Removed Sirius from my Bose System and tried to re-add the service.

2 - I reset my Sirius password

Please help! 

Hello mpmcgilloway,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear that this is not working for you. There are some additional details I would like to gather from you.

• Was Sirius working in the past on your SoundTouch account?
  • Can you gather your SoundTouch application and system(s) software versions for me? (Settings>About>Select each system and the SoundTouch app to display this information)

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
bgoum
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

Is there anything new on this?

I just bought a wireless link adapter for the purpose of streaming SiriusXM and I am getting this exact error when trying to create the account through the Soundtouch app. My Sirius login works fine when connecting to Sirius through anything other than the soundtouch app. I have tried through the soundtouch app on 3 different devices getting the same error on them all. Very frustrating for a new out of the box product not doing what it is advertised to do.

Hi bgoum,

Thanks for the post.  I've responded to your question HERE.  Please respond on that thread.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support