WimP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Error 6027 when trying to add SiriusXM

Hi,

Since a couple of weeks I can not add SiriusXM to my Bose Soundtouch, I constantly get the message: "Looks like SiriusXM isn't avalible right now. Please try again later. (6027)

This is been going on for a couple of weeks now, I already tried reinstalling the app (Windows 10), readding the Soundtouch to the network, complete reset, but still no results. All the other music services work just fine (Spotify, Tune-in)

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Error 6027 when trying to add SiriusXM

Hi WimP,

Sorry to hear about the issues.

Has this worked in the past?

Do you have a SiriusXM streaming account on top of your normal SiriusXM account?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
WimP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Yes it has worked in the past, but from 1 day SiriusXM wasn't avalible anymore, so after this status has been for a couple of days I tried removing the service and re-adding it, but that doesn't seems possible either.

I have a SiriusXM Radio account, this does include streaming as well, I can use it on both my mobile and the SiriusXM web-app

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello WimP,

Thank you for getting back to us. If you are still receiving the error when try to re-add your Sirius XM account to SoundTouch. I have seen in the past resetting your Sirius XM password resolve this issue. 

Let me know if this works.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
WimP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Hi Joel,

I have been able to reset my password and log back into SiriusXM in the Bose Soundtouch app, however I'm now getting error code 6027 when I click favorites, and I'm getting error code 6022 when I click on channels

So unfortunatly this didn't solve my issue 😞

Thanks,
Wim

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Wim,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. There are 2 more things we can attempt to see if it resolves the issue. Please test after each step.

1. Reboot your router and switch if the system is ethernetted 
  2. Remove and re-add the system to your account ( go to Settings then System Settings and remove from account, the Add system and choose its already connected)

If this does not resolve your issue, I would like to escalate this to engineering. Steps to gather system and application logs can be found HERE.

Let me know if the steps above resolve this.

Thank you,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Peterpoes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Hi,

I'm having the same issue for weeks now. Several emails with Bose tech support, they admit there are issues with Siriusxm, but no solution yet....

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Peterpoes,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having with SiriusXM.  There was an issue with SiriusXM's API authentication server that was resolved by them several weeks ago.  Since then though, there may be lingering issues.  Can you try the steps above to see if this resolves the problem for you.

For most customers, either removing and re-adding or changing your password resolves the issue.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
WimP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Hi Joel,

Unfortunatly this didn't solve anything either.

I submitted my logs trough the request I got in my mail, hopefully this will clear things up!

Looking forward to your reply.

-Wim