Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Error 6302 on IMac trying to add iTunes music library

Hi,

Bought a new IMac, OS Sierra v.10.12.6, downloaded SoundTouch on my computer and unable to add iTunes music library. Error 6302 appears. All the sharing options in ITunes are checked & firewall settings are ok.

The systems still works properly with radios but so frustrating.

Having a look at different posts, looks like the same problem as the one posted by CraigShenton.

Any solution?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Error 6302 on IMac trying to add iTunes music library

Hi orca,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having with setting up your music library.

How large is your music library?  How much time did you give it to sync before testing?

Is the music stored on the computer and downloaded to it?  Sometimes in iTunes, music can appear, but be located in the cloud (which will not work, music needs to be physically present on the computer).

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for answering.

Music library is 21,7 Go including 11,8 Go of movies stored on the computer. And it is now three days and it still does not work. When I try accessing from my iPhone, I get another error message : n° 6304...

My Bose system was installed and worked well from the iPhone app with radios. Then I changed my computer, downloaded the Bose app on it and started to start connecting it to my iTunes library. Without success for now. But radios still work.

Thanks for your help.

AB

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi AB,

Thanks for the info.  Are you able to remove the Music Library from the SoundTouch app and re-add it?  Sometimes when the app updates, the music library will need to be reloaded.

When you got the new computer, did you move the music over from an old computer?  Is the music saved on the computer itself, or on an external hard drive?

-Brandon