Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bramjm
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2015

Error 6304 all the time

Can't get more than 4 or 5 songs into an album without Soundtouch cutting out and losing the connection to the iTunes Library. Was playing fine — for about 20 minutes — and then cut out. Again.

Mac OS 10.12.4. Just downloaded and updated Soundtouch last week. Don't tell me I have to do that every time.Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 9.43.48 PM.png

9 REPLIES 9
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Error 6304 all the time

Hi bramjm, 

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. Which Bose system do you have? Can you try to remove and re-add your system to your account? To do this, go to Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select your system] > Remove Speaker. When adding it back, go to Menu > Settings > Add or Reconnect Speaker > Speaker already connected to network. If this doesn't resolve it, please try to remove and re-add your music library by going to Menu > Settings > Music Services > Music Library on Computer > [select your music library] > Remove Music Library. 

Thank you

androm
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2017

HI,

I'm in the same situation using itunes on mac. Always "6304 error" and nothing upload on my soundtouch software/application.

I try to read some posts here on the community, try everything possible but no solution for me..

thanks

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi androm, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. What system(s) do you have? Is your music library on your computer or a NAS drive? Are you using iTunes or WMP? What steps have you tried so far? Have you tried removing and re-adding your system(s) and your library to your account? Have you tried rebooting the systems as well as your router? Can you check the signal strength to your system(s) using the procedure HERE? If any of them are registering as "poor" or "fair", it could cause this issue and we'd want to increase their signal strength. 

Thank you 

androm
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2017

Hi Brent_B,

I purchased soundtouch 20 and soundbar 300 four days ago. My library is on my iMac using iTunes. So far I tried to: restart and light resetting everything including the router, install and unistall two or three times the soundtouch software/app on my mac, removing and readding both audio systems and library. I check the signal on both systems : good for soundtouch 20 and poor for soundbar 300. But, sorry for asking, what does it mean? my problem is to upload my library on soundtouch app on my mac. I can tell you that internet radio works fine everywhere and at the same time, so signal seems good.

Yesterday I found another problem, in the middle of the night soundbar 300 automatically turns on with high volume music. I don't find any post about something similar. what do you suggest? probably a power surge problem? or it's just a problem of auto-wake mode? the soundbar is connected to the sky decoder with the optical cable and everything was turned off.

Let me know

Thank you

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi androm,

Since the music library is stored on a MacBook, can we verify a few power settings within the System Preferences? If you open Energy Saver (icon with a lightbulb), is "Turn hard discs to sleep whenever possible" turned on? If so we should disable that option since that can lead to intermittent connectivity to the library. Also, what is the sleep timer set to on that screen? That timer may correspond to when the music library cuts out, if so we should try to increase that timer.

Does this issue only occur when the two speakers are grouped together, or does this happen if you play the music library on the SoundTouch 20 by itself?

For the SoundTouch 300 turning on automatically, has that been occurring at a certain time every night? Have you tried to unplug the system from power for a full two minutes and plug it back in?

Thank you very much.

androm
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2017

Hi Michael_F,

thank you very much for the support. It seems you resolve the problem! After turning off  the option of the hard discs my iTunes library was uploaded on the soundtouch app! Great job!

For the Soundbar 300 I'm still monitoring the problem. Anyway, after disabling the auto-wake up option of the soundbar, the problem never occur again.

Thanks for your attention

regards

bramjm
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2015

OK, well, SOMETHING worked. For a while. Who knows what worked, I did so many things.

Now next to another computer that delivers the 6304 message, looking at this computer that delivers this message (funny, it worked last time it launched — and I used it to set up Music Library(.

Bose, what is happening here? Why can't your product just work? I swear I'm spending more time running room to room restarting and unplugging than I am listening to music.

Why don't you listen to a CD, you say? Well, my CD player is broken, and I apparently have to pay you to repair it (and the shipping) — and have it for four+ weeks?. 

bramjm
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2015

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 4.58.48 PM.png

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi bramjm,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues.  This sounds like it could be an intermittent system detection problem.  What Brand/Model wireless router are you using?  If you power cycle your router for 30 seconds then reconnect, does the issue go away or does it still happen?  From reading the previous comments it looks like you have a Wave SoundTouch system.  Is it the Wave SoundTouch III with airplay or the newer Wave SoundTouch IV with Bluetooth?

Thanks,

Brandon