Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geodali
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2016

Error 6304 from new PC installation

My old desktop was getting past its use by date and I bought a new one, still Win 10 Professional but with more ram and an extra SSD drive. All great, transferred everything across, installed the SoundTouch program, but here is where the problem that I have now.

My three systems (SoundTouch 120, SoundTouch 10 and SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter connected to my old Lifestyle 5 Music System) do not connect with my music that resides now on my new PC. I get the message that “Looks like your music library is not available now”. Error 6304.

Just in case something went wrong with the reinstallation of the SoundTouch software, I shut the new PC down, switched on the old one and magic, the three systems can connect  to the music library that still sits in my old PC.

Any suggestion please on how to get the three systems to read my music from the new PC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
geodali
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2016

Re: Error 6304 from new PC installation

Author Accepted Answer selected by geodali

Problem resolved by applying the traditional approach to solving computer problems, delete and reinstall. I removed from the SoundTouch settings the music library that resided in the old PC and while I had the old PC switched off I reinstalled in SoundTouch the music library (same old library) that had been copied over to the new PC and which now  had a different address.  Problem solved!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
geodali
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2016

Re: Error 6304 from new PC installation

Author Accepted Answer selected by geodali

Problem resolved by applying the traditional approach to solving computer problems, delete and reinstall. I removed from the SoundTouch settings the music library that resided in the old PC and while I had the old PC switched off I reinstalled in SoundTouch the music library (same old library) that had been copied over to the new PC and which now  had a different address.  Problem solved!

View solution in original post