Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ginger
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2017

Error 6304

Hi, I have had the SoundTouch 30 for ages now and it has always worked brilliently. Since the update i can't access Itunes music library,  I got error 6304 and I'm not able to see my Itunes library. I have already checked the option of share itunes library XML with other applications on my Itunes and it is shared on the network but still doesn't work. I have never had this issue before 😞

Could you please help me with this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Error 6304

Author Accepted Answer selected by ginger

Hi ginger, 

Can you try to remove and re-add the system to your account and re-test? To do this go to Menu Settings > Speaker Settings > and select the system to remove > REMOVE SPEAKER

To add the system back in go to MenuAdd or Reconnect SpeakerSystem already connected to networkSET UP THIS SYSTEM  and follow the app instructions (Note: If you do not see the system, choose "REFRESH LIST" to re-scan for systems )

If that doesn't work, try to remove and re-add the music library back to your account. To do this go to Menu > Settings > Music Services Music Library on Computer > Choose the desired music library > REMOVE MUSIC LIBRARY

To add the library back in choose Add Service on the left > Music Library on Computer > select iTunes > Enter a name for the library and choose Add Music Library

Can you also try to power cycle your speaker and re-test? 

Are you using a Firewall on your computer? If so, after an update you may need to re-add the exceptions for the SoundTouch app since the version has changed. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by ginger

Hi ginger, 

Can you try to remove and re-add the system to your account and re-test? To do this go to Menu Settings > Speaker Settings > and select the system to remove > REMOVE SPEAKER

To add the system back in go to MenuAdd or Reconnect SpeakerSystem already connected to networkSET UP THIS SYSTEM  and follow the app instructions (Note: If you do not see the system, choose "REFRESH LIST" to re-scan for systems )

If that doesn't work, try to remove and re-add the music library back to your account. To do this go to Menu > Settings > Music Services Music Library on Computer > Choose the desired music library > REMOVE MUSIC LIBRARY

To add the library back in choose Add Service on the left > Music Library on Computer > select iTunes > Enter a name for the library and choose Add Music Library

Can you also try to power cycle your speaker and re-test? 

Are you using a Firewall on your computer? If so, after an update you may need to re-add the exceptions for the SoundTouch app since the version has changed. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Susan67
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2017

This is the most irritating thing about Sound Touch. Every time they update the program, I have to remove it then reinstall in order to play from my iTunes library.  It works (I spent an hour on hold then an hour on the phone to a technician, and in the end, that is the only thing that we could work out to do).  So every week or two, I have to go through this process.  I would have returned the system to the store but I don't know of any other products that you can plug into an original sound system and play your iTunes library.  So I just have to spend fifteen minutes every weekend or every other weekend to use this "simple" system.