Highlighted
Shakin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Error call bose on soundtouch 520

I am using the sound touch 520 and since last 3 months, if played at high volumes, the sound cuts off with the message "Error Call Bose" on the display.

The cut off happens through various sources - using Bluetooth the cut off is at about 50-60 percent volume, while using HDMI, the cut off is at 65-75 percent volume. When this happens the sound from the spreakers go off first (woofer still produces a muffled sound), following which the woofer also goes off after 5-10 seconds. This happens within 3 minutes of the high volumes - have never gone past one song.

I am using the original cables as provided in the box. I have spent sometime with tech support over the phone and have reset the console, SoundLink adapter and AdaptIQ - None of these have helped.

Also, if heard at lower volumes this problem doesnt occur and the system can be used for hours.

Request for inputs from experts and/or users who have had similar issues.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Rickjones
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Re: Error call bose on soundtouch 520

I am having the same problem but also there will be a loud bang as if there is a feed back or power surge problem
Shakin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Re: Error call bose on soundtouch 520

Hi Rickjones

Sorry to hear that you are facing the same issue.

I do not hear a bang in my case, just the cut off of sound from the speakers.

Its surprising that so many people have faced this issue and the 3-4 Bose persons at tech support i have spoken (Both in USA and India) have clue about this.

Also, have you sooken to tech support, did the diagnose anything?