Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rynnie23
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Error code 1005

Hi,

I’m having troubles selecting a preset. When I go to select the radio station through the SoundTouch app I keep getting error 1005, hmm we can’t play that right now, please try again later.

I have rebooted my SoundTouch 20, deleted the app, and started again. I’m starting to get a little frustrated.

Im also getting an error 4004/0, there was a problem checking for an update. 

1 REPLY 1
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Error code 1005

Hello Rynnie23,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having error codes for this, and can completely understand your frustration here. Can I ask that you try the following to address this please?

1) Force a System update. This can be done by holding down "4" and "-Vol" simultaneously. You will get a countdown from 5 on the display of your Soundtouch 20 (ST20). When this countdown reaches 0, this will check and push through the latest software for you, and you can release the button. Please try again after this has updated.

2) Perform a factory reset of the system. This is achieved by holding "1" and "-Vol" simultaneously. This time, the countdown of 10 will appear on the display, and when this reaches 0, this will then reset the system to it's defaults. When it does this, I would recommend setting this back up on the Wi-Fi and trying to play again.

If you are still having issues, please get back in touch with us!

Liam

Community Support