Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

Expansion speakers possible for the Bose Solo 15?

Is it possible to add more wireless speakers that will work in conjuction with the Bose Solo 15 unit? Would the SoundTouch speakers work with it?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Expansion speakers possible for the Bose Solo 15?

Hi Steph746,

The Solo 15 system is not expandable, so you are not able to add additional speakers to the system.  However, you could connect a SoundTouch Wireless link and effectively turn the Solo 15 into a SoundTouch speaker.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

-Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi Steph746,

The Solo 15 system is not expandable, so you are not able to add additional speakers to the system.  However, you could connect a SoundTouch Wireless link and effectively turn the Solo 15 into a SoundTouch speaker.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

-Brandon

Thank you for your reply.

Would you say that the Bose Solo 15 is built to be expanded? Would the setup you describe work well with the SoundTouch Link turning the Solo 15 into a wireless speaker? Do you think that might effect sound quality. I'm concerned also about lip sync issues.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again Steph,

The Solo 15 was not originally designed to be expanded.  However, I think the Solo system would work just fine with a SoundTouch Wireless Adapter.  You can connect the Adapter via Optical cable, which means you will be getting the same great sound quality that you would be getting if the Solo was connected to your television.  Just note that you can only have one source plugged into the Solo system at any given time.  That means if you had the SoundTouch Wireless Adapter connected, you could not have your TV connected at the same time.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

I see...that probably wouldn't work for me then as I would want to expand the capabilities of the Solo15 while it is connected to my TV.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

The only workaround to this would be to connect the SoundTouch Wireless Adapter to the TV.  The only catch would be that you would have to have the TV on whenever you were playing SoundTouch audio sources.

-Brandon