Snider
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Failure

I have a Soundtouch 300 and and Accousimass 300 in which I was having intermittent connection issues. Yesterday I went on the app, connected to the network, did an update, and then there was no connection at all. I have done all the troubleshooting systematically and thoroughly. Called customer support and spoke to a very nice gentleman who unfortunately was unable to help me because I had already done all of the steps he could suggest. So he is sending a cord, which I ended up having, to see if a connection can be established.
This morning I woke up to continue troubleshooting and the Soundtouch app says "no speaker found" so even with a cable my issue cannot be diagnosed.
I am to the point of going to another product not because of my circumstance but because of the shear volumes of complaints for both of these same issues with no resolve. It's obvious that unplugging for 30 seconds is not a fix all.
I am without a doubt convinced that Bose knows sound, and the customer service is great BUT tech support for bluetooth and applications is lacking. I would really like to be convinced otherwise.
Btw, apologies are excepted in advance so no need to say your sorry I am having this problem.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Failure

Hi Snider,

Thank you for posting.

I appreciate all the details and time you've spent to try and get this working altogether. 

• What is the make and model of your router?
  • How far is the router from where your SoundTouch 300 is?
  • Did you connect your SoundTouch 300 to your 2.4 or 5ghz network?
  • When was the last time your SoundTouch 300 worked without issue?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Snider
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

This is my router.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K4CZOBS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_aLImCb66JNGZB
It is not set up with Alexa. The soundbar is on 2.4Ghz as it always has been. It is 25 feet away from the router and after nearly 30 tries it is finally connected.
Now, the Accoustimass works through the a 3.5 mm cable, although the bass level cannot be adjustd, but still will not work wirelessly as it was purchased. This is an issue that is continuously peppered throughout the boards with no solution. A 3.5 mm jack is not a proper fix.
I am concerned with the lack of action on behalf of Bose to resolve this issue. Are you still working to solve it and restore the system to factory standards? If so, is there an ETA that all of the customers could look forward to?
Respectfully,
Tom
Highlighted

Hi Tom,

I appreciated the reply with the additional details.

The Netgear Orbi Mesh Network is a nice setup.

I can completely agree with you that is very frustrating, but it can also be due to environmental interference issues as I've seen before.

Can I ask what other devices that need a wireless connection are within 5-6 feet of the SoundTouch 300 and bass module?

Kind Regards,

Joel