Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

Fallout - 15/2/2017 Update - SoundTouch 300 HDMI ARC Issue

New Topic, as requested, to discuss new or un-resolved issues from the latest BOse update for the Sound Touch 300 series..

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

Re: Fallout - 15/2/2017 Update - SoundTouch 300 HDMI ARC Issue

I have a Sony Bravia with the Bose Soundtouch 300 bar + Sub + Surrond speakers.
Prior to the update, my Sony/Bose system used to work 90~95% of the time. Occasionally, it would not connect.

Since the update, I have NO ONCE been able to get the Bose system to produce sound.

The TV knows it is there, and turns the internal speakers off, but there is never any sound out of the SoundTouch.

Have cotacted BOSE support here in Australia to no avail.

Any one have any ideas? At the moment it is a VERY Expensive paper weight....

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2017

Hi Psg, 

Just a quick question, you are in Australia and got new update 15/02. Can you please confirm as I am also in Australia but didn't received option to update. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

Hi There,

Yes, my SoundTouch bar wouldn't turn on on Thrusday Morning (16/2) and I went googling and found new software was released. Opened up my SoundTouch app on my Laptop top and it immediately prompted to downloads update and install new firmware.

I am now on 14.0.18 and the TV KNOWS that the bar is there and turns off the TV Speakers, but never a sound is heard through the SoundTouch bar..

Very Frustrating

BOSE Australia support have been helpful, but are not able to resolve it. They have suggested going back to the optical connection, which I have.

Not happy Jan.....

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

Right,

So there has been no movement here

Am I the only one, who now, after the firmware update, have a USELESS BOSE Soundtouch 300?

C'Mon guys, the HDMI Connection DOES NOT WORK AT ALL anymore with my Sony - Nothing !!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

Hi, same problem here.

My Wife bought me the soundbar on 2017-02-17. I have a Samsung 65KS8000.

At first I plugged it, and it worked fine.. but when I did setup the Android Phone app it told me about A system update.

I did the system update, and after that my TV never saw the HDMI ARC connected ever...

I tried rebooting the TV/Rebooting the Soundbar... unpluging the HDMI ARC and reconnecting it. Never worked again...

I did choose the Bose Soundtouch Because of the HDMI ARC support. ... Without it it has no value to me.

I have already repackaged the Soundbar and it<s going back to the store..

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

PSG, I'm also in Australia and am on 14.0.18 and have no issues with arc other than my ST 300 decides to turn my TV on at random times. BTW 14.0.18 is not the latest version 14.0.28 is which isn't to my knowledge available in australia yet. This is the version that is meant to fix the ARC issues for those experiencing them.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

Cheers, Thanks for the "heads-up"

I am now starting to wonder about BOSE Firmware distribution.

My SoundBar was purchased just before the end of 2016 (like the week between Xmas and NY)

It updated it's firmware to "latest" when the app was installed, so if 14.0.18 isn't the latest, that must mean BOSE have done another firmware update sometime in Feb.........

2 firmware updates within a month - There isn't even time to test it before it is updated.....

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

Perhaps someone from BOSE might like to weigh in here and supply firmware versions, release notes, etc AND when we are likely to see whatever is the latest firmwarethat is going to fix this.....

All the boxes are out, ready to repack all three components and return for refund....

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Well, I'm here in the UK and still no sign of an update 

Any response Bose?

After all I only want the ST300 to work correctly