Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 22, 2016

Re: Feature Announcement: Amazon Alexa Skill

Hi Jason, when will we know more or where can we find it later.. I'm planing to buy the Echo dot (or any other solution if you advise me) to better control of my Soundtouch 10 and 20.. Then increase teh number of speakers spreaded on the house 🙂
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 6, 2016

Will Amazon.co.uk Music (Prime) be supported when this is released or is that still dormant?
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2016

An Alexa skill is a dumb-as-hell thing to be working on. Especially when the basics don't work yet. Maybe I'll email mister hot cyberlord above me to take my mind off things.
And to the hombre asking about Cortana integration... You're so precious. Don't ever change.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2016

I would prefer that Bose releases updates to eable long-standing solutions, such as Amazon Music, rather than focusing on the new/low penetration services such as Alexa. I agree with Ostrich... above - get the basics right first 
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2016

Hi, I JUST purchased a Soundtouch 300 sounbar and sub for my home theater and having a Alexa skill is a primay reason I did so vs. sound bars from Yamaha, DefTech, or others.  Sonos has it, and I would have not went with Bose without it.  Echo support and the better sound of the Bose were my decision points.  Sound quality #1, and Echo integration #2.  Home automation is the future and the Amazon Echo has the best market penetration to date for voice control.  My Echo can integrate with my security system, LED lighting, thermostat, garage doors (via SmartThings hub) and now my whole home sound system.  This type of cross-platform integration is a must for companies going forward.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2015

This is great news. Something that will really help me control my Soundtouch 130 with the power of Alexa.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2016

Will this also work on the Bose SoundLink Air system? Careful how you answer, as a no will commit my system to the junk pile and favour a new Sonos play 1!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2016

Wicker- Sound Link Air it isn't even a Soundtouch speaker. It definitely won't work with that. This isn't even the right website for it.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

Sounds nice, but in the meantime you NEED to release the ability to turn off the power saving mode or I am returning it.  I'm not waiting for a company that seems so smart to catch up with modern technology and understand the fact that you cannot release a product without the ability to shut this feature off.  I know over 25 people who have already just returned theirs bevause they too were not waiting.  It is inexcuseable in 2016 to do this.  It needs to be fixed in 5 days or I'm returning mine and the 15 I purchased for my friends this holiday season.   
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

This is good news.  Thanks.  How about a beta release?