Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Re: Feature Announcement: Amazon Alexa Skill

Will you be able to connect the Echo and SoundTouch deviced by WiFi - INstead of bluetooth?
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding the new user interface pushed through this last week for the SoundTouch 30 system to be incredibly awkward and non-intutive. Unacceptable, actually. The prior interface was much better.   I can't seem to find where the "Recents" station tab has gone.  Can anyone point me to where it is?  I like to surf global internet radio stations and have counted on the "Recents" tab to find my way back to stations I've found without having to constatnly drill down through the menu tree each time to find them.again.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2015

What the hell ... early 2017 ???
There is a SDK for Alex, i need one hour for a first connect from alexa to Bose Soundtoch, another 4 hours to complete all functions (With the inoffical function-List for Bose SoundTouch) and 2 days to complete the programm.. 
What are you doing for several months? Pherhaps you should open your Software for the community?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Question: At what point in time will the Bose app support Prime Music as the USA? A quote from your web site "amazon Music subscribers can enjoy unlimited, ad-free access to Prime Stations and expert-programmed Prime Playlists. Amazon’s music services are currently available only in the United States". What did Europe do wrong to get excluded from this basic function most would expect as standard. Someone explain why work developing Echo skills jumps the que ahead of basic connectivity using your app? 
ps I have an echo and fail to understand the logic in developing skills to skip a track using the echo.  Wouldnt you just play your music through the echo, I do. Echo in the kitchen and the Bose in the lounge, I would never be playing music in my lounge and telling Echo to control from another room, it's totally daft.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2016

Please take all your software engineers off projects like this and put them onto finally fixing the HUGE list of issues the community has been screaming about for so long. Next youll be telling me youve achieved seamless integration with blackberries.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

Jason as "cool" as this sounds, I'd like to consider myself and many other Bose owners as somewhat of an audiophile. That being said "we" would be more interested in our systems supporting better audio formats, IE True Dolby HD, Dolby Atmos, and the higher end DTS formats. I recently bought a ST 520, a Samsung UHD and the Samsung UBD-KM85, and while I fully understand that a true Atmos system requires in ceiling speakers or other additional hardware. That being said the 321 GS Series III that my 520 is replacing does support Atmos and it's only a 3 spearker system, and yes there is an incredible increase in the sound processing quality when an Atmos Blu Ray is played on that (321) system.  I currently own two soundlink III's, a Bose bluetooth series II (the deleted one for cellphones) a 321, a Bose Solo (unimpressed and giving it away) and a Companion 5 (very impressive for what it is. My point is this, as Bose systems have evolved there is ZERO scalability or connectivity between the systems. I see the advantages to soundtouch to help with this but going forward  I can no longer afford to buy the latest system and have to figure out what to do with the one it is replacing. Bluetooth should be bulit in, not an add on. The systems need to be more compatible with other formats and hardware. ok, im done for now, please address all of my talking points, not just the ones that are "easy" thank you for what you do, and your time.....
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

this software upgrade is a disaster!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2016

I agreee with some one here that the new software interface with the Soundtouch app is horrible.  The old app before the mandatory change was much better and easier to use.  The new one is not intuitive and wastes a lot of screen space with stupid white out graphics.  The old one let you see your presets very clearly and also let you see the systems logged on very clearly.  This new one has a big blank screen with some silly < arrow to show the systems connected. 
Why didnt you spend the time to focus on giving us more than 6 presets.  Who was the one that thought 6 was the right amount?  I can have unlimted numbers of options to control a light or even pick over 1 million coloers but I can only pick 6 stations???  What even limits this besides space on the screen? 
Ditch the new white out look, You can barely see the grey writing on the white.  Put some color in it.  If you are going to show album art, show the art, not some white out 1D version.  come on man.
The interface with Amazon needs to be quick or you will find a lot of people changing systems.  if nothing else improve the interface with Smartthings.  They are the furthest along and although there system was great at fidning all of my Bose equipemnet (6 speakers).  The system is not really smart enough to do much.  I would think I should be able to say "alexa, turn Bose bedroom to volume 5"  or Alexa, play bose preset 4, everywhere"