Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Feature Announcement: Amazon Alexa Skill

We are demonstrating a new capability for our SoundTouch products at the CEDIA trade show in Dallas this week—a Skill for the Amazon Alexa platform that enables Bose SoundTouch customers to control elements of the SoundTouch experience by speaking to an Amazon Echo, Dot, or Tap. With the Skill, users can: 

• Play your favorite music from your SoundTouch Presets.
  • Play a Preset in a specific room.
  • Play/pause/resume and skip tracks.
  • Adjust volume.
  • Play the same music everywhere.
  • Find out what’s playing.
  • Turn on/off.

…all simply by using your voice. And there’s more to come as the Alexa and SoundTouch platforms continue to evolve.
The Alexa Skill for SoundTouch will be available in early 2017. The Skill will be compatible with all SoundTouch systems, so current SoundTouch owners can enjoy this feature with a free software update.

27 REPLIES 27
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 17, 2016

Re: Feature Announcement: Amazon Alexa Skill

Great news. Looking forward to this.

Now for better Spotify integration from Alexa/Echo...

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2014

Fantastic - my dream come true since I own multiple Amazon Echo and Dot devices.  I volunteer to beta test the skill!!!!!!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2016

One feature I would like to see and shouldn't take a lot of work but would add to the utility of the Soundtouch - how about associating one of the USB ports as the address for a user's music library, preferably in iTunes format.  That way you could plug a card reader into that port and access your music without needing an NAS or other WiFi source.  This would enable your Wave with Soundtouch to access your music natively from a SD card plugged into the reader.  Updates would merely be a matter of updating the card and would be much less expensive than other methods of accessing your music library.  Considering you only use the USB for initial setup, it's not like you don't have it abailable for this use.
​It would probably work better, too.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2016

May I know which countries will be supported?
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

We don't have additional information about the Alexa skill at this time but we'll be sure to share it once we do.  Thanks! 
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 6, 2015

Is Cortana integration in the roadmap?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2016

Would be nice to have a web app for soundtouch 30.You know, just like routers have? Then we dont have to ask you for an app for Windows universal platform app
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2014

Awesome, took you long enough! Is there any chance for getting a Beta version of this skill?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2016

Will this integration also prevent the soundtouch from going to sleep? Highly annoying to walk into the room "echo resume" to continue my playlist where it left off, only to realise the soundtouch has gone to sleep and I have to go turn it on!!