MikeDVI
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Feature request: “Power” button on app widget

Hi Bose mods, thought it would be great to have a “power” button in addition to the volume slider on the app widget so, for example, we can close the app out while listening, and then when ready to turn the speakers off just slide the widget open and hit “off”.

Thanks!

Mike
6 REPLIES 6
SkyYYZ
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Re: Feature request: “Power” button on app widget

I think this is what you are looking for:

power.png

If you are playing more than one speaker, just select the primary Group speaker to turn them all off.

MikeDVI
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Thanks Sky, that looks like the app itself or a different widget if I'm not mistaken? If that is the widget then I don't have the power button at the top right as you do. I do in the app itself though of course.

What I am asking is to add one to the "widget" that we slide from the left side (at least on an iPhone) to control volume, skip, back, and pause. Also has the presets on it.

getPart.jpg

Mike

SkyYYZ
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Hi MikeDVI,

I stand corrected... it is a feature suggestion indeed.  I wasn't aware of the widget for iOS and just enabled it on iPad, thanks!  I thought you were referring to the ST app.  That screenshot I posted was of the full app on my (Android) phone.

SkyYYZ
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Interesting to note that when controlling music via the iOS widget, I lost connection with all other ST devices (save for the Wireless adapter) in the full app on my desktop.  Rebooted iPad to break the connection (could not 'swipe' the widget closed) and all speakers were discovered by the full app again.

MikeDVI
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Yup same here. I learned that hard way as well that the widget controls only the master, however I have not had to reboot (yet) or anything like that. Fortunately did not lose my connectivity elsewhere as you did either.

Although there are days....lol

Once I figured this out I try to "set and forget" the system now.  I wish it had more functionality because it would save going through the app boot up process just to shut everything off or control a volume setting on ALL speakers. Widget probably needs some tinkering by Bose to get up to speed.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi MikeDVI, 

Thank you for the feedback. I'll pass this on to the Dev team here for future consideration.

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support