Feature wishlist (great hardware and sound, but Bose; please put more effort into the software!)
I recently bought ST + AM 300, 4 x ST 10 and 1 x ST 20 as a multi-room solution for our home. Below are my experiences so far; and more consistent with topic, my feature wishlist:
1) Easy initial setup. Everything worked on the first attempt for me; app install (macOS, iOS), WiFi setup, Spotify registration, HDMI ARC, group streaming, stereo pairing and even the universal remote with TV, SAT and IPTV. A software update was required on all units, but did go through without any problems.
2) Premium build quality (glass, metal, rugged plastic etc.) that feels solid and looks good.
3) Impressing amount of sound considering the physical size of the speakers. Most impressed by ST + AM 300 (deep and resounding) and ST 10 as a stereo pair.
4) Immature software. Sadly I experience several bugs during day-to-day use; minor, but still annoying. E.g. a) when speakers are grouped the volume control is not reliable (goes to max/min on its own) and responsiveness in the app itself is signifcantly reduced, b) uncontrollable behaviour (menus appearing/disappearing without interaction), c) layout improvements as pointed our in several other posts on this forum.
5) An active user community with daily follow-ups from Bose moderators, which makes me believe there is willingness to improve the software.
AND this brings me to the actual subject (in lack of a systematic way to submit and vote for feature requests),
5) Lacking several features (software limited) that are available in Sonos and Denon products. Below is my wishlist, or more frankly, what I would expect to be functionality in the near future;
A) Fix all bugs in the current functionality, ref. 4)
B) Save grouping of speakers. Sonos has the functionality. Create groups and make them "sticky" similar to stereo pairing. Configure groups as part of presets.
C) AUX streaming including HDMI IN/ARC on ST 300. Both Sonos and Denon have the functionality. I am aware there is work in progress, but you got BT streaming in place, so what is really the problem with AUX when the hardware supports it?
D) There seems to be two WiFi adapters physically present, but the second one is not in use. Why not use the second adapter as a dedicated WiFi access point (on units connected via cable) for ST WiFi traffic? This in order to off-load the traffic on my existing home access point and improve overall performance.
E) Somehow related to B), but the capability to configure ST 10 as a surround speaker for ST 300.
F) Personally Spotify and Internet radio is sufficient, but there should be more music sources available, e.g. Apple Music, Amazon Prime and SoundCloud.
G) Alarm clock. Time is currently retrieved through NTP, so it is precise.
H) Align volume in "one click" when playing from multiple speakers. Currently this is a balancing act.
J) Adjust the bass level for AM 300 in the app. Currently only possible through the remote control.
Feel free to contribute with your views and wishes. A feature request/wishlist thread would be great.