Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Firm ware update for soundbar 700

Hi, 

Bought a 700 today. Doing the set up there seems to be an issue with the firmware update once I have set up an account and connected to my 700. Currently my mobile says the update is happening, but after many hours, restarting things and even logging in and out of the mobile app (on iphone 6) it still hangs there and doesn't complete. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

A

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Re: Firm ware update for soundbar 700

Try connecting the soundbar to ethernet wire. I faced a similar issue (not exactly the same u described), after update the soundbar was no more connected to NW so it was not able to connect with the app correctly.

Bose sound is awesome, but some of these user experience is frustrating during setup while we are eager to get going.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

I just bought my 700 and facing the same issue- it just says updating speaker and nothing happens beyond that !
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello everybody

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the poor setup experience, but I'd be happy to help!

• When the app is stating the update is happening, is the soundbar LED bar moving from right to left or left to right?
  • If it's moving from right to left, the system should be in the download phase. If it gets stuck here, can you try a factory default to see if it helps correct the issue?
  • If it is moving from left to right, it should be installing the update.  Do not try a factory default at this point, as it could harm the system.

Let us know us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Software eventually updated and all was great, although still can’t get Alexa to recognise my LG tv properly at the moment. Given up until I have some real time on my hands to figure out why. Next challenge.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Software eventually updated and all was great, although still can’t get Alexa to recognise my tv properly at the moment. Given up until I have some real time on my hands to figure out why. Next challenge.