Syuan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Firmware 19.0.13 solved internet connection issue on my SoundTouch devices with firmware 19.0.5

My Soundtouch devices won't be able to connect internet or even be discovered by its control APP easily since I updated firmware to version 19.0.5. I have posted/emailed my issue detail to Bose support many times, unfortunitelly, the case was turn cold, they send me email once a while, but never told me whether their found issue in their firmware, or they had identified similar issue internally. So, my Soundtouch devices be forced to abandond since Jun 2018. Few days ago, I updated my SoundTouch devices to 19.0.13. Suddenly, all issues I had with firmware 19.0.5 were gone. But I checked 19.0.13 release notes, there is no similar issue I had be listed in their bug fix list.

Here is some suggestion I give for Bose as a brand name:

1. If it is possible, list all bugs you fixed in your release notes, this can demonstrate to your customer, bose exactly understand what they have changed in your firmware. (Even you may out sourcing your firmware development to third party).

2. If Bose already know there is a serious bug that may impact customer's experience, please let your customer know as early as possible. Your customer understands, anyone make mistakes, but as long as you know the mistake and you are fixing it, we can wait. It is much better than you keep it as a secret. That is no respect!

The issue I reported to Bose with firmware 19.0.5

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Is-there-anyone-have-internet-connection-problem-a...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Firmware 19.0.13 solved internet connection issue on my SoundTouch devices with firmware 19.0.5

Author Accepted Answer selected by Syuan

Hi Syuan

Thanks for writing!  

I'm glad to hear that the 19.0.13 update fixed the Play All issues you were experiencing.  There were certainly misses on our end with the 19.0.5 update that caused issues with the grouping features, and we apologize about the inconvenience this caused a lot of people.

HERE is a link to our Community post regarding the update.  I would recommend going straight to the product category from the Community home page as we typically keep these updates at the top of the threads.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Firmware 19.0.13 solved internet connection issue on my SoundTouch devices with firmware 19.0.5

Author Accepted Answer selected by Syuan

Hi Syuan

Thanks for writing!  

I'm glad to hear that the 19.0.13 update fixed the Play All issues you were experiencing.  There were certainly misses on our end with the 19.0.5 update that caused issues with the grouping features, and we apologize about the inconvenience this caused a lot of people.

HERE is a link to our Community post regarding the update.  I would recommend going straight to the product category from the Community home page as we typically keep these updates at the top of the threads.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support