Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 10, 2016

Forward TV Sound to all Soundtouch Devices

Hello Everyone
I just bought a Soundtouch 300 and added it to my previous Soundtouch 10 and 20 Speakers.
I watch tv with a third party receiver which is connected via HDMI to my LG TV HDMI Channel 2. The BOSE Soundbar 300 is connected to the TV HDMI Channel 1 (ARC). 
Now, the TV sound and Apple TV sound (HDMI 3 at TV) works perfectly to the soundbar 300. But what I woud like to have, is to listen the TV Sound aswell at the Soundtouch 10 and 20 speakers. But whenever I try to "play all" at the BOSE App, following message appears:
Switch to something else. Other speakers can only join in if you're listening to soundtouch or bluetooth.
Is it really the case that Bose's Soundtouch System is not able to forward a TV Soundsignal to all the Soundtouch Systems? I thought thats actually the main purpose of the soundtouch system...
Or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your feedbacks
Thomas
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2016

Re: Forward TV Sound to all Soundtouch Devices

Very good question . I would like to know the answer to this ad well !
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Here is another one with the same question.

How do I connect all my sountouch speakers wireless to my TV?

I'm using the st300, st30 and 2x st10

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

Hello

I would like to know as well .. I can play Music & Spotify to all connected speakers ...but TV only on the SoundTouch 300. I went to a wireless multiroom  system for the main reason to have an additional speaker in my open kitchen for the TV sound when cooking .. and it looks bose is wireless but NOT for TV sound when input is HDMI or Internet. Quite sad as the selling argument from the shop for the bose vs Sonos decision was that Bose comes from a great TV & cinema tradition .. while sonos comes from the music background. Seams TV history means no WIFI ... hello bose dev team .... please wake up or change your marketing & advertising to "Wireless Multiroom = Music only" 😞 

Bjoern

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Agreed.  Being able to stream the TV SoundTouch devices would be outstanding.  Quite frankly, it should be not only an option but key selling point to compete with Sonos.  Without that option, at least in my case it's probably not worth investing in a SoundTouch 10 or 20. 

I was torn between Sonos or the Bose 300, the person I was working with was pushing Sonos HARD, but I elected to go Bose becasue I really thought the sound was significantly better.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

I am a Sonos fan boy since some time without ever having owned one 😞 . Finally bought Bose when I got my wife's okay for a sound bar due to 1 main fact .. Bose is slimmer and fits under the Samsung TV & makes it very low profile... while Sonos is 1 cm to high to fit under the TV and having it in front spoils the Deco (Wall mounting is not an option). So Bose I went. Plus the HDMI Arc connection and therefore the connected control from TV to Soundbard to ADSM modem via HDMI CEC was a strong technical argument. Plus the age difference as Soundtouch 300 is brand new .. but did not considered that I would become part of the app dev team 😞  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 10, 2016

Exactly same in my case.  I also wanted to have the TV Sound streamed with the Soundtouch 20 into the kitchen. Now I have to realise this is with BOSE not possible. In my oppinion very disapointing of BOSE, especially since they call and sell it as a Multiroom Soundsystem.... 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Hello all,

Although AUX rebroadcast is not currently supported on our products, our development team is working to get this feature implemented. Here is a direct quote from our Product Line Manager:

"There have been a lot of questions regarding the ability to broadcast an AUX source throughout your SoundTouch speakers. So here’s the latest on that:

In terms of timing, we’re currently targeting late summer (timing, as always, may change). Compatible products include:

• SoundTouch 10
  • SoundTouch 20 (all series)
  • SoundTouch 30 (all series)
  • SoundTouch Portable (all series)
  • SoundTouch SA-5
  • SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter
  • SoundTouch 300
  • SoundTouch Lifestyle 600/650

Products not included in this list, are unfortunately unable to be supported due to limitations in the hardware itself."

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

@Frank_G

I'm assuming the supported list that you gave is the products that have inputs that will be able to be sent to other Sound Touch Devices.  Will there be any limitations on the devices that could receive sounds.   For example, I have a SoundTouch 300 for my main TV and watching a Cable Box input, will that be able to send the input sound to my SA-4 that is powering outdoor speakers?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 19, 2017

Can Bose provide any updates regarding the implenation of this functionality?

Thank you