Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 12, 2016

GOOGLE Play Music

Hello
Any plans to add Google Play Music to the music services. Quite surprised to see that such a major player was not part of the service, What is up with that ?
Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: GOOGLE Play Music

Hi fclemay,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are always looking to improve our application and add music services, and we’re always looking for suggestions from our customers. 

We cannot speak about new services that will be available, but when they are released we will inform our users to the availability.

Best Regards,
Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

I'm surprised to see how many Bose customers are requesting Google Play Music as an integrated service to assign a preset to. Is there some kind of beef between Bose snd Google?

Personally, I would like to see Google Play Music added to the SoundTouch30 series III through a future software update.. Bose, make it happen!
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 6, 2016

I've have the soundtouch 20 and 10 and I too would like to see Google Music Service added. I use the chromecast audio on my soundtouch 20 but can't link to my soundtouch 10 when i use it. This is very frustrating as I have my entire music library uploaded to Google Music. The interface for accessing my music through the soundtouch app is very frustrating and annoying to use. A graphical interface would help, something like the windows media player interface would be nice.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 6, 2016

So I was just on the Sonos site and they support 43 streaming music services! Bose supports 4 with only three of those available in Canada. I really should have done my homework before buying my Bose Soundtouch 10 & 20 as now i'm stuck with the systems that can't or won't provide a full range of streaming services. Come on Bose get your act together.

http://www.sonos.com/en-ca/streaming-music#close

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2017

Their are currently 2 speakers that integrate with Samsung's Smart Things and Bose is one. Since Smart Things integrates with Google Home with ease this is another great option for expanding your music platform with the most bang for your buck . Unfortunately there is not any "real" control of music, for my Bose, through Google Home except for the limited streaming services or preset channels. We are probably going a different direction in WiFi speakers. These sound great! But if you can't play what I want what's the point? Basically a great sounding radio but not able to integrate into my music system. Really is disappointing...
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Is this a real comment from Bose?! You should be ashamed as to how you totally blew off that question.

If Bose is "always looking for suggestions" then why don't they start implementing them? I see forums back to 2014 asking for Google play music!
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

Because they are not really doing anything.
If you look over posts about music services they say they can't tell you anything or there is no timeline. We were also told that amazon music which is clearly available in the states was going to be available early this year it's nearly June now. So if you are planning on implementing something into a system you would have an expected timeline that's how business works so to say you don't have a timeline means they not even started in selling all my kit now and going sonos
Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Lack of music services and the lack of sound equalizer to reduce that blasted bass and regulate the mids are my two primary pain points for my soundtouch speakers. I've learnt to live with a lot of small annoyances, but Google Music and equalizer are make-or-break features for me, and I bet for a lot of other users, too.

I've decided that if they are not addressed (meaning resolved by a software update or put on an offcial development roadmap) by the end of 2017, I'm seeling my Soundtouch speakers and going Sonos.

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 13, 2017

Hi there Bose-people!

Any more news on this?

Expict