Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2018

Galaxy S9 bluetooth issues

Hi all,

I have a number of soundtouch devices in my home (an ST30, and 3 ST10's). All work great with the soundtouch app on my phone (a Galaxy S9) and my wife's phone (an iPhone 7).

I'm having trouble using any of the ST speakers as bluetooth speakers with my Galaxy... My phone can see the speaker and always says that it is paired, but the ST30 still says "ready to connect", and I cannot play sound. When I pair my wife's phone, it immediately pairs and the ST30 display changes to "connected to xxx". It doesn't seem to be a problem with the bluetooth on my phone because I can use the Galaxy to connect to an old soundlink mini, and various other bluetooth devices without a problem.

Anyone had any issues like this?

37 REPLIES 37
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Re: Galaxy S9 bluetooth issues

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and a Wave Soundtouch IV. Not sure when it started, but I can no longer stream my Google music via bluetooth. My phone can see the speaker and always says that it is paired, but the Wave IV still says "ready to pair".
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @rswilliamson and @jej11747,

Thank you both for posting. 

Can we try by clearing the SoundTouch from your Bluetooth pairing list in your phone. Then follow up by putting the SoundTouch system in Bluetooth discovery(aka Ready to Pair mode). Try linking your phones to the SoundTouch system and let us know if this works.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2018

I've tried this multiple times already and it still does not work.

I'm starting to realize that there is an issue with the latest Galaxy smartphones and Bose Soundtouch devices. I recently purchased a SoundTouch 300 and was unable to use S9 to even add it to the SoundTouch app (a similar problem was described an another thread on this forum). I had to use my wife's phone to add the new speaker. Once added to our account, I could then access through the app...

Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

I am having same problem with my new samsung S9. Phone says it's connected but soundtouch 20 shows ready to connect.
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

I picked up my new S9 yesterday and same problem. Connects but no sound. Had issues with Samsung tv and sound bar before. Why can't Bose work with Samsung?
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Same problem here!

Please BOSE-team... We need your support!

What's going on please?

Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about all the Bluetooth issues with the Samsung Galaxy S9.  Can we have you guys provide the what current software version is running on the S9?

Also, have you tried factory defaulting any of the SoundTouch speakers to see if this helps with the audio streaming?

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

I tried factory reset. This did not work.

Runing Android 8.0.0
Bluetooth® v5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps)

Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello everyone,

Thank you for getting back to us.  I was wondering if we can try and clear the Bluetooth cache from your mobile device. 

Here are the steps:

• From the home screen of your Galaxy S9, head over to the Settings and then scroll down to Apps.
  • Press the three-dot menu button on the top and select Show system apps from the drop-down menu.
  • Scroll down to find Bluetooth from the list of apps and press the Clear Cache button once you open it.

Warm Regards,

Tony