Highlighted
lgc85
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

Goodbye Bose

It pains me to have to say this but after investing in a Soundtouch 300 and acoustimass, Soundtouch SA-5 and a pair of 251 Environmental speakers, I will be selling up and shifting to Sonos. The continued lack of development, and constant issues I am battling with on a daily basis has led me to this. I have listed my issues below, but these are nothing that isn’t already covered by threads on this forum, and ones which Bose have acknowledged but chosen to do nothing about!

1. Play all functionality (tap on Play all from a speaker that is already playing and whilst the app shows both the ST 300 and SA-5 playing together, the speaker that wasn’t already playing doesn’t play. Can play each of then individually at the same time without an issue. VERY frustrating!

2. Switching between sources on the ST 300 is not seamless. If I listen to Spotify and then try to switch back to TV sound, nothing I do can make it switch back. I have to turn both the TV and the ST 300 off at the wall and then when I turn it back on it (mostly) fixes the issue. At first I put this down to my TV not detecting the ST 300, but based on other threads here, it’s a common issue.

3. No support for Deezer “Hifi” / Tidal “Hifi” (aka high bitrate streaming). Bose are supposed to be a high end product for audiophiles; well, 320kbps/s is not audiophile quality I am afraid. It astonishes me that the list of affiliated speaker manufacturers that support “Hifi” quality is advertised all over Deezer and whilst all the competition are listed, Bose isn’t!

4. No published development roadmap with expected dates – completely puts me off sitting and waiting to see if and when any of the above will ever get fixed!

Judging by the amount of Bose kit on ebay coupled with the various disgruntled posts on this forum, it seems a lot of people are voting with their feet and jumping ship! In my case it is Sonos. I am bound to be out of pocket by switching (will be buying second hand Sonos kit where possible), but its going to be worth it simply to get rid of the major issues I’ve listed above. Which is a shame as I chose Bose over Sonos originally as I had grown up knowing Bose to be a very high quality, world class manufacturer. It seems that’s no longer the case in this day and age!

Time to go, got a Deezer Hifi subscription to sign up to, Sonos kit to buy and Bose kit to sell! Bye!

2 REPLIES 2
Robanderson 249
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Re: Goodbye Bose

They won’t listen or reply. Bose just bury their head and ignore customers. It’s the arrogance that they have that will be their demise. 

lgc85
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

Re: Goodbye Bose

This is why i am shifting to Sonos.  If i knew they were listening and could provide a roadmap of feature enhancements and bug fixes, i would be inclined to stay.  But being met with "we have passed this on to our development team and cannot provide any further update" is utter BS and infuriating! All my kit is on ebay and receiving alot of interest. I've won a Sonos Playbar, which is on it's way to me, so the transition is going well so far 🙂