Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

Google Home link to Soundtouch 10

How can I link or connect Google home device to Soundtouch 10?

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2015

Re: Google Home link to Soundtouch 10

I 2nd this. I have both an Echo Dot and a Google Home. I already like the accuracy of my GH better. Also the GH is selling like gangbusters. Love to see Soundtouch support. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Entropy and hmurchison, 

Integrated Google Home support definitely sounds like a great feature request. I will be sure to pass this on to our development team. Since it currently doesn't use Bluetooth, the only way Google Home could stream audio to other devices is by using Chromecast and connecting the audio feed directly to an AUX input on one of our devices. I hope this helps clarify. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2015

I don't really need audio streaming just the control part like the Alexa skill you're working on.  Once Alexa is done shouldn't be hard to replicate the same functionality using the Google Assistant SDK.  Have my Chromecast Audio just in case.  Thanks Brent

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 28, 2017

I agree. A little plug-in thingy for your auxiliary port is a perfect adaptation so that I can play music from my Google Home and my sound Touch device.

Is there a way to synchronize more than one sound touch device? For example a master device/slave device arrangement. We would like a surroundsound/multi room effect. Or is there anyway to use my Bluetooth on my phone to connect to multiple devices at once?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 29, 2017

Any news on this feature? It'd be a very nice and helpfull feature.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

The Google Home comes with a very nice sounding speakers at only almost half the price of a Bose Soundtouch 10. Except for bluetooth, which is useless with wifi connectivity via casting, Google can do more than what a Soundtouch can do. But it would be a good selling point for Bose Soundtouch to have native support from Google Home. When is this happening?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

Even just an integration via IFTTT will be good enough.

It would be nice to see a Bose logo in here...

Bose and IFTTT

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2017

BUMP!

This is so important. I've hesitated on buying a Google Home because I want to ensure that it can easily connect to my Bose SoundTouch 30. Are there any ways I can connect a Google Home to output audio to my Bose all the time? Is there an auxiliary port in which I can connect both? I know Google Home doesn't have bluetooth.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

@Unidentifiableman
No, you don't wanna play Google Music through Bose. It's nice to keep them separate. Some streams on TuneIn (via Google Home) are unsupported but works with Soundtouch and vice versa. All we need is to be able to control Soundtouch systems by voice command even through IFTTT.
I was able to find a workaround using Logitech Harmony hub and IFTTT.
Here: https://plus.google.com/107106593450541689751/posts/Reb78XRDimF