Google home

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Google home

Hi
First off I love my bose speakers! Mainly. One is an St30.
Got fed up of waiting for Alexa skill which looks like it is now going to be released so I bought a Google home but it looks like this isn't compatible either? What plans are there for Google home as I prefer this to my echo.
I spend a lot of money on bose speakers as they are the best in my opinion but development is lagging in terms of connected devices!
Please nudge the hamsters!
78 REPLIES

Re: Google home

Hi Alexdc12,

Thanks for the post.  I've sent this up to the software development team to see if adding Google Home support is feasible, though we've been told in the past by the Product Manager that it most likely would not happen.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Audible Advocate

Hi Brandon,

I am heavily invested in the Bose ecosystem with a soundtouch 300 and soundtouch 10 which I love. However, it seems very short sighted to me that there is no plan to properly integrate Alexa or Google home with the Soundtouch software apart from acting as a simple Bluetooth speaker and not through wifi. I emplore Bose to address this.

Thanks
Toby

Hi toby.nirens@gmail.com,

Thank you for your post. We're excited to inform you that a new Alexa skill was actually released for SoundTouch yesterday! This new skill allows integration with Amazon Echo devices over your home network. More information can be found HERE

Best regards,

Brian

Friendly Fanatic

IF you have an amazon.com account. Nothing for the UK. Massively disappointed with that

Hi Alexdc12,

Stay tuned to the community as different languages and locales may be released in the future.

Thanks,

Brandon

Friendly Fanatic

So non-committal! Never known a technology firm lack in technology! You should be at the forefront of smart home integration
Animated Arbiter

@Brian_M wrote:

Hi toby.nirens@gmail.com,

Thank you for your post. We're excited to inform you that a new Alexa skill was actually released for SoundTouch yesterday! This new skill allows integration with Amazon Echo devices over your home network. More information can be found HERE

Best regards,

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm pretty sure Google Home has quite a foot hold in Canada as it was available months prior to Amazon's devices.  Google also (sale) priced them aggressively when Amazon's launch became imminent.  I am an early adopter, but I can switch down the road if I have to.  I plan to use my SoundTouch devices (ST30 III x2) well into the future so Google Home integration would be appreciated.  Please pass that along as I'm sure I speak for many.

Friendly Fanatic

Hi,

I couldn't agree more. Your propprietary app and wireless technology is interesting, congrats on all the team, but making it so hard to connect across devices, platforms and OSes is simply not tolerable given the price of those speakers.

I have a Soundtouch 20, a $350 room speaker. Here's my every day experience:

1) I use SoundCloud a lot; doesn't work on this speaker.

2) It doesn't play the sound for online videos and streaming services, wirelessly.

3) I have a Google Home Mini. I had to plug a ChromeCast Music to use it, and it won't turn it on or off as any connected device would.

We're getting into 2018, and you're selling high-end connected sound devices. You ought to serve all of your customers.

Regards, and happy new year.

Ben

Audible Advocate

What is the plan for Google Home compatibility? Alexa users should be thrilled, but how bout the rest of us on team Google Home?