KJJohnston
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Google music unavailable - NOT HAPPY!!

Our sonos is now 9 yrs old and was starting to drop out etc. Time for a new player.

We went to JB hi fi and bought the entire bose surround sound for our new TV and thought bose is such a good product lets try their new expensive sound touch speaker rather than getting another sonos and have all matching gear.

I get home unpack it all have to see to family so the sound touch speaker is left for a week.

Finally get around to installing sound touch and to my horror see bose DOES NOT PLAY GOOGLE MUSIC!!!!

I have had google music for years, I have numerous playlists in my account, my whole family is connected to my google account because we LOVE it so much!

I am mortified my great sounding system does not play GOOGLE MUSIC over the wifi, the bluetooth is HOPELESS & cuts out the minute I leave the room.

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED. Feels like Ive wasted $600! Have yet to write my google review where it will be seen by many.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Google music unavailable - NOT HAPPY!!

Hello KJJohnston,

Thank you for the post and welcome to the community.

We can understand your frustration of not being able to enjoy your favorite streaming service through your SoundTouch system. I have passed this along to development for you as feedback and a feature request.

In the meantime, you can use a Chromecast connected to your TV to continue enjoying Google Music through your new system. 

As for your Bluetooth cutting out as soon as you leave the room, this can happen due to interference and materials in your home that may be causing the Bluetooth signal to become intermittent if you're taking your mobile device outside of that room.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

KJJohnston
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Hi Joel,

Thank you for the reply.

I see a similar reply has been given to people with the same complaint for the last couple of years, which indicates no changes coming anytime soon, if at all.

Thank you for the advice of chromcasting on my sound bar, however it is not convenient to have music playing on the other side of my house away from my entertaining area and then having another device connected is not very streamlined.

As far as my Bluetooth goes it works well for my little UE wonderboom (the smallest of the UE range of speakers) from 3 rooms away. I have tried the Bose speaker in different rooms with different distances and each time I walk just outside the door it drops out, super frustrating.

I cant sit outside with my phone and have the speaker sit at the window, I have to leave my phone inside with the speaker!

There is no other way around it, I just have one gigantic expensive speaker sitting there being quite useless, I can tell you its the worst $600 Ive spent in many years and Im usually much more careful, therefore Im more upset with myself for being so foolish.

Regards

KJJ
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

No offense but next time better not just use the internet for complaints rather than inform yourself prior to buying stuff.. certainly not Bose's fault.

KJJohnston
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

No offense taken.

No offence but maybe you need glasses and a life? Try re-reading my comment that says Im annoyed with myself for not reseraching better....

And if one cant complain in the Bose community where all expressions about their products can be shared, good or bad, where do you suggest we make complaints Genius?!