Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

HDMI ARC and Passthrough Issue

I have been using my ST300 without any ARC issues for months. Just turned on the TV today to find that I have no sound through the ST300. In troubleshooting I have tried a factory reset on the soundbar and the TV (LG) with no change. I have also tried new HDMI cables. I get sound through the ST if I play music through the app and or through an optical cable. One thing that I have noticed from testing is that the ST does not appear to be passing through the HDMI In signal to the TV (Sound or Picture). This is not something I used before so I am not sure how it should behave however the lack of HDMI passthrough makes me think that my ST has developed an HDMI issue.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

Re: HDMI ARC and Passthrough Issue

I am having the same exact issue.

I have the Bose Soundtouch 520, they were connected through my HDMI ARC on my Sharp Aquos tv - everything was working completely fine, CEC detected and everything. Yet suddenly a week ago, it decided to stop functioning completely and factory resets on both television and Bose system have no avail. I've tested every facet of everything and it all works fine separately, but when placed together, it does not work.

HDMI cables/HDMI inputs/television/speakers - everything functions properly but devices cannot detect CEC anymore and no matter how I fiddle with settings, the ARC just no longer functions!

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Re: HDMI ARC and Passthrough Issue

I have since noticed that when the ST 300 is on TV mode and I press the standby button on the remote it turns off then again appears to “crash” and restart. All the lights go off then the 1st and 3rd light come back on Amber as it starts up (the same behaviour seen after cycling the power). It will also occasionally make a popping noise when this happens.