Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

HMDI ARC

Even with the new update the HMDI ARC will not connect to my Samsung 4K TV.

Only had the system 2 weeks and not impressed at all. Just bought the bass module and even with update not as good as demo in shop.

Any tips to get system up and running before I try and return it.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 19, 2017

Re: HMDI ARC

I have an ST300 and AM300 connected via HDMI ARC on my Samsung 4K so it's definitely possible. Make sure that you have the HDMI cable between the bose and the samsung plugged into the ARC HDMI port (ony one of them supports ARC), also make sure that AnyNet+ (HDMI CEC) is enabled on the TV, otherwise ARC will not work. If it still wont recognize the bose, try unplugging the cable and unplugging the TV, then reconnecting again.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

Same. My Sony bravia tv 2016 x93 could not connect hdmi arc to soundbar after update v16 software. I tried to unplug and factory reset both but the issue not solved. I brought it to Bose to fix yesterday
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Ged, 

What's the make and model of Samsung TV you have? If you haven't done so already, please try to unplug the TV and the soundbar from power for a solid 60 seconds and re-test. When powering them back on try this order - soundbar first, then peripheral devices (cable box, dvd player, game console, etc), and finally the TV last. 

Have you run ADAPTiQ? If not can you try to run it and see if it corrects the audio for you? Please let us know. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 19, 2017

I had this problem for 10 months now but i got i workong yesterday, i Tried to update through the app but couldnt. So i updated the system with the remote by put the system in (music) and then press CC on the remote for some seconds. There is a manual for this if you search for it. And After the updates is Done, i unplugged hdmi in both soundtouch 300 and the tv. And unplugged power for 10minutes. Then Powered on both THEN with everything on i plugged hdmi in tv and to the soundtouch. This has worked before but failed after restarting the tv but now it works. I use samsung tv aswell.

I hope this helps!! I wanted to return my **bleep** earlier but the 30days return had passed... but I am very disapointed at bose how the failed at taking this seriusly!!!
/Jesper, sweden
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

ARC acting up after firmware v16. After doing firmware update and resetting soundbar I have seen some problems with my Samsung 8 series TV. At first the sound bar would not see the TV or link to it. But the TV would see the sound bar. And if you set it to use the sound bar as the receiver you would not get any sound. Afte unplugging both the TV and sound bar and reconnecting they worked. However I still seen one problem and can recreate it every time.
If I press the mute button in the TV remote the sound bar will disconnect from the TV and will not reconnect matter what. Will have to unplug both the TV and soundbar for them to work together again.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 19, 2017

Now I am back to optical solution after HDMI arc fails after a while....

Much better after update but fails after some time