Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 21, 2015

Harmony Remote and Bose SoundTouch 120

When I use my Harmony remote to shut everythign off the Bose Sound Touch 120 powers off for a few secinds and then powers everything back on. I read in another fourm I should turn off the CEC on the SoundTouch 120. I did this and it fixes this issue however it causes issues with the sound. With the CEC shut off I get an echo sound. Once I turn CEC back on the issue is fixed but now I cannot turn off the system properly using the Harmony remote. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Harmony Remote and Bose SoundTouch 120

HI Jeff,

If you hear an echo when CEC is disabled, this likely means that the TV's built-in speakers have turned back on and are playing at the same time as your SoundTouch 120.

You should be able to resolve this by either manually disabling the internal speakers from the TV's menu, or simply turning the TV's volume all the way down. 
Let us know whether this works for you. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

HI Jeff,

If you hear an echo when CEC is disabled, this likely means that the TV's built-in speakers have turned back on and are playing at the same time as your SoundTouch 120.

You should be able to resolve this by either manually disabling the internal speakers from the TV's menu, or simply turning the TV's volume all the way down. 
Let us know whether this works for you. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 21, 2015

Hi George,
Thank you for the Answer. The TV speaker as definately be shutoff however maybe you are right and it is turning back on somehow. I hope it is that simple of an issue. I will see once I get home. Thanks again!
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 21, 2015

Hi George,
The TV Volume was turning back on. So you had it 100% correct. So that is all fixed. Thank you! I have one new and last issue I was hoping you could help me with. When I go to use any of the apps on my Samsung Smart TV I cannot get the sound via the Bose speaker. Only on the TV Volume. The bose changes over to the proper input hwoever there is no sound at all. Any further help would be appreciated. 
Jeff
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Jeff,
Glad to hear that worked!

Regarding your trouble with audio from  Netflix: Some Smart TV apps will only output their sound via the optical port rather than by HDMI ARC. You may need to connect an additional Optical cable from the TV's "Digital audio out" to the optical input on your SoundTouch system. The optical input should play on the "TV" Source by default. 

Thank you.