Highlighted
Pilgrim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Headphones

Hi all,

Wave Soundtouch III system, the headphone jack is at the back and is not easily accessible due to the location of the system in a TV table. There is no Bluetooth, is there any compatible headphones that can be linked via wi-fi or a speaker that has a headphone jack that can be linked via wi-fi

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Headphones

Hi Pilgrim,

Thanks for the post.  As the system stands right now, you would not be able to connect any wireless headphones to it.  What you could do, however, is get a Bluetooth transmitter to connect to the headphones jack.  The Wave system could then send audio to the transmitter, then that would send audio to a pair of Bluetooth speakers.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Best,

Brandon

Pilgrim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Hi Brandon,

The reason I wanted to connect headphones without using the jack at the back of the system is because I would have to remove the system from the furniture unit it is in, to gain access everytime I wanted to use headphones. If I attach a bluetooth transmitter to the Jack, would this switch the speaker off, so I would need to remove it in order to listen to the System? The same as I would need to do if the headphones were attached direct to the jack.

Is there a speaker that has a headphone jack that can be connected via Wi Fi to the Wave Soundtouch III?

I am trying to avoid lifting the Wave Soundtouch out of a cabinet everytime I wish to use headphones.

I know the simplest way is to move the system to another location where the jack is more accessible but this is not feasable due to it being connected to the TV which is in close proximity via a wire into AUX. 

Regards

Pilgrim

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Which sources will you be listening to?  If you are only listening to internet based sources like Spotify or Internet Radio, you could use a SoundTouch Wireless Link and connect a pair of headphones to the audio out.

Best,

Brandon